mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
went with friends yesterday to see the changes at the local little museum. the last time I was there the building was falling down & they were having a benifit to fix it & start the museum, about 8 yrs ago. I was so surprised & happy to see how it's grown & to see all the different collections donated.
I hope if anyone is in the area you will stop in & see it. You won't be dissapointed.

Attachments

• coral.jpg
    coral.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 169
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 149
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 152

Nestor Cerpa

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree that the Bollinger County Museum is wonderful. They have had excellent presentations on the Civil War in southern Missouri by area historians who really know the subject. There was this guy, Glenn, I think his first name may have been, who came over from southern Illinois to give a presentation that was truly excellent.

I need to check to see if I am still on their email list for events. Last time I went, I was nearly creamed on highway 25 (?) when a mini van decided to go around a huge ag sprayer that had created a cloud of dust. Just as I was passing the ag sprayer in that cloud, the mini van, which was behind it, decided to pull into my lane. Lucky for all, that I was going slow, saw them and yanked my truck over onto the shoulder. They passed with no more than an inch to spare on either side of their vehicle.

So, I am kind of leery about going, as it is a 2 hour drive for me.

But, agree... it is worth the trip.... at least once.... and then for their civil war presentations.... they do an excellent job of getting knowledgeable historians in for those events.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread