Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all, I found this bullet (looks like .50 cal) in Jonesburg, Missouri in a field near a one room schoolhouse that was built in 1900.
BULLIT.jpg

The bullet is old and looks and feels like solid lead. Does anyone know if there were any battles in this area? Has anyone else here ever found a bullet that looks similar to this one?

Thanks,
Nat

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! Another member told me it was a .58 cal. mini ball and could very well be a C.W. union round.

Nat

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
you have a .58 calibre minnie ball. They are strewn all over the State of Missouri. I have thousands that I have found in Missouri. You might look a little bit more in that area and find some more. There was a battle near Calwood which is not real far from Jonesburg. If you live in St. Louis when you go West on 70, just before Lake St. Louis if you look off to your right, driving West, you will see a big trestle. There was a blockhouse at that trestle during the war and many artifacts have been found in that area. You probably found your minnie near the train tracks?

OP
OP
Natman

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the tip, I don't remember seeing tracks there..I'll have to look again.

I have property in Callaway County so next time I go out there I'll look for that site!

Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread