First Find with Metal Detector

M

Mower

First want to say Hello, New member to the forums
Now I want to bit of bragging as my youngest son asked Santa for a metal detecor for christmas and the Jolly old Elf glady answered his wish. Recently we moved from the north west AR area to the SW Mo area. We got moved into the new place and my son took out his metal detecor and has only search a small area of the grounds around the house and he discovered a 1968 10 Pence coin! :) Not a million dollar treasure but one we are extremly proud of for him as it was his first find other than the rusty nails and gate hinges that are normaly found. He is interested in knowledge of other public lands that he might be able to detect on here in the area. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Mower

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
As far as public lands are concerned, stay away from state property and federal property in MO. There are few public state beaches you can hunt, but you need to apply for a permit and there aren't very many. Big fines and lose of equipment if you get on the wrong land. Check your local city ordinances, they are usually friendly but they vary from city to city and county to county.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread