Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Changed from a 1500 to an Explorer in 2000, which is basically the same thing you are asking about, and it was a good move. Takes some time to adjust, but right away you see a difference in disc., depth, and how well it hits targets on edge.

OP
OP
D

digger whit

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2013
mo
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and 1500 garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks iron patch.yes the explorer is on my list to. just wanting a machine that might get alittle more depth than the 1500, and from what i have read i think minelab may be the ticket

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks iron patch.yes the explorer is on my list to. just wanting a machine that might get alittle more depth than the 1500, and from what i have read i think minelab may be the ticket

I'm not suggesting you should switch, just saying that Explorer performs as well as the E-trac and my experience can apply to your question. I'll also say it wasn't an easy change and I made the mistake of continuing to use the GTI at the same time... and that does not work well because the two are so different. For a while the Minelab was actually giving me headaches, literally, but the whole time all I could think was if it impresses me now when I'm just learning it, how much better will it be when I know it! So I finally went all-in and sold my 1500 and used the Explorer 100% of the time and haven't looked back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread