Branson Area

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion you are about a year and a half too late. Most of the old historic part of Branson, which is on the lakefront, has been bulldozed and developed for the Branson Landing. Nothing but concrete now. If you are looking for newer coins and jewelry I would try out the soccer parks. I will help out in any way I can. Enjoy your visit....Steve

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
I would not waste my time in Branson. I would travel maybe 50 miles East, West, or South and check out some of those smaller towns. I know that the whole area was used during the Civil War, but good luck finding anything. I would not go up to Springfield as there is a metal detecting club up there and I am sure that area is clean except for new stuff. Get a map of Missouri and pick a spot. I think I would go East maybe 50 miles of Branson as I know there was lots of Civil War activity in that area.

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Newtonia is about 40 miles from Branson east and it was the site of a running calvery battle. I have hunted the area and found eagle button and 3 ring bullets. Its on 60 hwy, use one of the map services for exact site details.

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
I hunted Newtonia in the 1970's but found nothing. At that time a man lived next to the old fort named Paul. He had a number of unexploded shells that he had found in the creek at Newtonia. At that time detectors were not as good as those of today. No discriminators so you had to dig everything. I have never been to a hunted out civil war site yet. There is always something left to find and keep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions