Silverdrake

Greenie
Aug 7, 2017
Mo
Detector(s) used
Garret
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am the scout master for ozark trails: pathfinder: troop 20. We just got back from scout camp earlierthis summer. I brought my metal detector along, brushed the dust off and searched our campsite one day while the scouts were out working on their badges. When they got back they surrounded me. They all wanted to help carry my equipment and dig my holes. It reminded me of the enthusiasm I had with my first detector as a youth. Pictured are some bolos I found. When we got back I looked into it and there is no metal detecting badge but there is a coin collecting one.

I would like to teach the troop how to metal detect and have 5 to 6 troop detectors for them to use so they weren't waiting on each other (bordom = mischief). Once they start finding coins I would encourage them to pursue the collecting badge.

I know some of you have multiple detectors and ones you bo longer use are just taking up space in a closet. Would you please consider donating to our troop. I am in charge of the 12 yo 13 year olds so can promise you a new set of scouts will be exposed to this great hobby at least every other year. It teaches them patience, and skills tuning a machine and interpreting its feedback, and creates memories as well as getting them outside and off the video games.

I live in Bruner which is 30min east of Springfield but am willing to drive to Springfield, ozark, nixa, seymour or anywhere within reason to collect a machine for the troop.
Text 417- 551- 3710

Thank you

A special Thank You to our countries vets for donating our first troop detector, an old whites model.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread