further West of Branson

anyone know Mcdonald County

• panning

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oct 7, 2007
Sorry guy, im from here in Springfield and i was also interested in pannin saince im originaly from Alaska, but when i moved down here i became a member of the GPAA and in my memberhip book it says that "the history of gold being found in missouri is sketchy at best" it does have a map of MO and shows were the glaciers whent from north to south across MO and sayd there are reported claims of finding placer gold"fine gold" in ALL countys just north of the Missouri River, there would be the best place to go panning, but on the lighter note it says in my claims book that there is ruffly $75,000 of silver and gold coins located somewhere in the Ford Meadow near Bethpage, its known as the "Ford Meadow Treasure".

Evvan

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
RetRmy said:
In reference to your post of July 16 on Branson, I am further West, in fact, the most extreme southwes corner of the state, anyone know Mcdonald county? especially for panning, or am I on the wrong part of the forum for panning?

You may want to contact the Chapter of The Ozarks GPAA.They are a great group and find gold there in northern Ark.
[email protected]

You may also contact our group as some members go the Ark outings.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/moprospectors/

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
RetRmy, Joplin here. There isn't any panable gold in McDonald Co. Don't know about Arkansas. As for civil war sites northeast end of county next to Newton Co. near Newtonia you may find some items from the running calvery battle that was 15 miles or better in length. And with all the springs in the Co. you should make some relic finds there, also years ago I read in the Treasure Atlas that there were several civil war encampments. Also I would imagine that there were a stage line with stops around the county you may be able to find old maps in Pineville with these locations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread