Soil Mineralization?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
the state of Missouri came out with a soil survey and it shows you what the makeup of the soils are in a particular location state wide. it was featured in the Missouri consevation book called "the Missouri conservationist" its a free book and the artical came out 1 or 2 years ago. Missouri sells this for (i think??) $24.00 its a pretty neat idea if you look at it and think about it!

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
I have hunted MIssouri for over 35 years. In the old days the soil conditions were a real problem, then in the mid to late seventies they came out with a means of controlling the mineralization with a knob. Since then I have never had a problem with soil conditions. I have had about fifteen machines. Some are factory presets and some were self adjusting. I think the real determining factor in this is the machines you currently own. Many people think they are going to hit it big and then go out and buy a cheap low end machine expecting great results. Others buy top of the line machines expecting the machines to do all the work for them and then they are disappointed. Many swear by the machines that can be self adjusted, and when adjusted properly they probably do attain more depth. For the most part Missouri is not too awful bad for mineralization. I can tell you that you won't have much of a problem if you are using a good machine. You will have more problems trying to find places to hunt that have not been hunted out; and seeking permission in some instances; than you will have with the soil in Missouri.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread