Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Mar 2008

Places to search for gems/treasure in Missouri?

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place in Missouri or Arkansas that some friends and I could go and pay to search through buckets of rocks and dirt to find gems/ruby's/crystals/etc?

us
    Feb 2008
    SE Missouri
    garage sale oldie
    846 times
    TH'ing, fishing, reading, cooking

Re: Places to search for gems/treasure in Missouri?

go to hot springs village. (different than hot springs) the coleman mines are there. you don't go thru buckets, you dig thru what they bring up from the mine. lots of dirt to dig thru, & excellent crystals!! It's a blast! just wear clothes you don't mind throwing away, (& shoes) cuz the oily red clay never comes out of them. this whole area has wonder ful mines so you have your pick. I have just always gone to coleman cuz I've always had good luck there.
    also on the MO, ARK border there is supposed to be a good place to find sharks teeth, & agate. just google.
    have fun!! & let us know what you find.
    dancing in the fire!

us
    "WP"

May 2005
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    White's IDX Pro, Vibraprobe 570, Minelab Explorer XS w/ Sunray X-1 Probe & Sunray Stealth X-12 DD Coil
    72 times
    History, Metal Detecting, and Survival & Self-Sufficiency

There is a place over in Arkansas called Crater of Diamonds State Park where you can hunt for diamonds in the fields of the park... you just pay an entrance fee that's like under 10 bucks a person for the whole day! Then, you can either rent buckets & screens and other tools you'll need... or you can bring your own!
    And the rules of the park; Finder's, Keepers! You keep whatever you find, even if it's a rare & expensive raw diamond!
    Here's the site with all the info on it...
    http://www.craterofdiamondsstatepark.com/

Bran <><
    Rom. 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Rom. 10:10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Oct 2003
    St. Louis
    Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
    26 times
    Banner Finds (1)

In Northern Missouri, near the Iowa and Illinois borders there is a farm where you pay the farmer a couple of bucks and he has hundreds of geodes on the property. Do a google search of the following: (( Missouri geodes)) and you will find where to go up there. Also go to this website:

http://www.emporia.edu/earthsci/amber/go336/dreyer/

The above website lists minerals and locations. I don't think you will find any precious gems in the state if that is what you are after. Nearest location for those is "Crater of Diamonds" in Arkansas, but been there and it is hard work and lots of looking to find a diamond, but you may get lucky.

us
    Feb 2008
    SE Missouri
    garage sale oldie
    846 times
    TH'ing, fishing, reading, cooking

jhettel, that was a great link. good info, short but sweet. thanx!
    dancing in the fire!

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    662 times

you can get red,blue,mixed Mozarkite (Mo. state stone) in Linclon Mo. theres a guy there that has a surface mine and sells you all the stone you want per pound.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors