Looking for Gypsy

May 14, 2008
Hey guys, I am new to this whole thing, and looking for.....stuff for that matter. Gypsy, you seem to be very knowledgeable about Missouri. I live in Columbia, Illinois (very framiliar with that area), and go to school in Rolla, Mo. Do you know of any good history or a place of interest to look for something interesting. Anyones opinions are welcome. Thanks in advance, and hello again!

p.s. GREAT SITE!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello WT & welcome to T-Net!!
There's alot of rich history here in Missouri, so you're in store for more info than you can probably handle! :)
Hope you find what you're looking for here on T-Net... and possibly even what you weren't looking for!

Bran <><

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to T-net. Just want you to know we hunt St. Louis several times a year. Maybe we can get together and do some detecting in those old parks.

schlooppy

Dec 22, 2005
Kansas City, Mo.
I believe the university grounds was originally a civil war fort. Also there was a fort by the walmart in town, not sure of the street name, whats left to detect is behind an elementary school.

John

moholedigger

Mar 15, 2008
Mexico, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Not sure what store is in it now... been a while since I've been down. Actually they have had two. I assume (you know how much trouble assuming can get you in, right?) it is the south location. Drive down 72.. old skating rink... farm and home type store.. and you will see it. A bank right across the road with a time and temp in the front. The 'other' Wal-mart (newer) was out 63 across from Aldi's, near the Lions Club park.

OP
OP
W
May 14, 2008
ok, the old one is now a family home/farm store. forgot the name of it, but i know what you are talking about. thanks!

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
If heading toward St Louis on 44 take the first exit which is 44 business go right on business 44 to highway 63 turn right and go approximately 1 mile to Fort Wyman road turn left on Ft. Wyman road and elementary school of same name (Ft. Wyman Elem school) will be approximately 100 yds on the left. There is parking on the side of the school and the wooded area is located behind it. There has been several CW rounds taken out of there. Good luck it has been hunted hard. HH........gregd573

Boilermaker27

Oct 16, 2003
St. Louis
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon/Minelab Safari/Minelab Excalibur2
Your all wrong. The fort was located right behind the present day Staples. There was a house on the spot but it burned. Soon after it burned the lawn was hunted by a bunch from Springfield. There were lots of open holes when I went there but I did find a lot of minnies and buttons. The new Wal Mart Supercenter is across the highway and South of the fort site. Fort Wyman was located on the highest point. Right now there is a moving company warehouse on the spot. Found a lot behind Staples but that is pretty well hunted out now. Anywhere around Rolla is good for finding civil war relics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread