branson gold

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that I'm aware of. The only panning I've heard of people doing was up in Northern Missouri... and even then, I heard it was only small little pieces. I guess if you found some creeks though while you were there, it might not hurt to try. I've wanted to try in the Springfield area for a while now... just for the fun of it.

Although, that's where the Yocum Dollars are supposedly hidden around up there... if you have a detector, you may try your hand at it.
There's alot of history there in that area!!
http://thelibrary.springfield.missouri.org/lochist/periodicals/wrv/v8/n11/sp85d.htm

Bran <><

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
if you try panning in that area, look for some bedrock that is showing close to the surface. gold being heavy will settel to the bottom until it hits something that will keep it from going deeper. look for heavy mineralized areas that the creeks have cut through. then search down stream of these points. in northern Mo we look for glacial deposits of gold the same way. a suction tube may help you in this recovery! good luck! also look inside of the cracks of the bedrock for small gold/silver.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
for areas in S.West MO try to gain access to sand and gravel plants(with permission only) and look into their sand hoppers after they are done running. they usually dump this material(black sand and fine gold) as long as you dont get into their way and dont have to big of a crowd they sometimes will let you in. dont leave any trash or disturb any equipment. we have got some talcem poweder fine gold and one small picker.

falcolnx

Dec 22, 2008
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Ace 150 currently
when panning in missouri what does silver look like in the pan? anyone got a picture example?

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If you find a place to pan, I would go with you and give it a shot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread