Places to hunt in Kansas City?

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
no permits required! must have land owners permission! most of the streams north of the Missouri River have fine glacial gold in them. look for exposed bedrock and dig there.also look up moprospectors on yahoo groups.

nascarfan

Jul 17, 2005
Baggins, Don't know of any sites personally, but you should be able to go door to door and ask permission!!! Look for houses w/ for sale signs, earthwork in older sections of town, you know the drill!!! A lot of these guys seem to be doing very well in the older parks......I like going to the woods myself!! How long will you be in KC?

Nascarfan

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Also,Clevenger(Chuck) detector sales on north oak trafficway,1-800-999-9147.The club he belongs to is having a hunt in Sept.It's open to everyone with a fee.He doesn't open until 10am and he's not there on sat/sun.The hunt will be up in Lathrop,mo.

OP
OP
Baggins

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Hey nascarfan, I will only be in town for the day...I am on tour with a band, and we are performing at Beaumont club on Oct. 23rd.....I was hoping to get away for at least a couple of hours that day and do some hunting early in the am.....
Baggins

nascarfan

Jul 17, 2005
Hey Baggins, Prob won't be able to make it that far! I'm sure there are some people on here who might be a little closer and have the day free!! Good Luck!! Nascarfan

OutBack Duo

Apr 21, 2005
Olathe, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baggins said:
Hey nascarfan, I will only be in town for the day...I am on tour with a band, and we are performing at Beaumont club on Oct. 23rd.....I was hoping to get away for at least a couple of hours that day and do some hunting early in the am.....
Baggins

Baggins, I am currently unemployed and am free to take you out detecting. I don't know if I will still be available at that time, as the date gets closer email me and we will see if we can get together.

Don

OP
OP
Baggins

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Hey Don, thanks for the offer, I will keep in touch the closer the date gets.
Baggins

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wish I saw your post earlier, always available to welcome someone to hunt with....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread