Beautiful flint knapping

Dec 13, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To whom it may concern,

Today I found my first point. I have always felt a strong connection to the ancient people of North America. We understand so little about who they were and how they lived. I am a 30 year old man who has been searching since I was a pre teen. I grew up in the mother land of points. 3 out of 5 people you meet in my hometown can point you in the direction of a junk drawer crown royal sack full of them. I’m exaggerating, but you get the idea. I’ve found endless amounts of pottery on top of a million geo facts my stubborn, eager eye mistook for worked stone. After 18 years of keeping my eyes to the ground I finally found a projectile point. Today is a good day. If anyone has any knowledge of what culture produced this fine instrument I would greatly appreciate the input. It was found on private property in southwestern GA on the banks of the Flint River. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526837207.805074.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526837231.030777.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526837253.186047.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526837276.999643.jpg

Happy Hunting

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea on type,way out of my area,but it sure does have some wicked forward leaning serrations. Congrats.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a real beauty. congrats on your first find! Odd that such a master craftsperson would choose a sub-par piece of material to work with. Or perhaps that defective part wasn't apparent until they began work on the base. Nice find!

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That point has been reworked to the point of exhaustion. I'm sure it started life much larger. The South Prong Creek point is common to the area and was usually serrated like yours. That one has been worked so much it is a hard one to type. I have a SP Creek with a snapped base, if I get time I'll look for it and send a pic. Nice find!

OP
OP
A
Dec 13, 2015
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That point has been reworked to the point of exhaustion. I'm sure it started life much larger. The South Prong Creek point is common to the area and was usually serrated like yours. That one has been worked so much it is a hard one to type. I have a SP Creek with a snapped base, if I get time I'll look for it and send a pic. Nice find!

Thanks a lot

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever the type, it's a beauty! I, also, very rarely find a point but find lots of pottery and fully understand how special it is to find one, congrats on the awesome find and hope you find many more!

GoldenEagle09

May 17, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job all you have to do in the southwest area is get permission on a couple good properties like the one you are at and you will be set. Lots of points to find

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread