kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1500 Tesoro Vaquero Tesoro Silver Sabre micro max
Makro Racer 2 Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Saw joshuaream's post and thought I would show a few that I have. The first case has points from other knappers I have met over the years. Most are from the mid west. Knappers such as Jim Redfern, Roy Motley, Dan Theus, and George Eklund. Several other really talented knappers that don't have the name recognition as the ones listed.

The second frame are points that I have made. I use to really be into flint knapping but not so much the last 6 or 7 years. Really an enjoyable hobby and you meet a lot of great people at knap ins. 20180914_102340.jpg 20180914_102711.jpg

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice points. Who made the yellow E-notch? I love it. I see you make Cahokias. One of my favorite points. I've found real ones and have made a few. Like you, I don't knap anymore. Here are a couple of mine. These are Paiute Agate. Gary

paiuteagate.JPG

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very nice job.Congrats :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
K

kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice points. Who made the yellow E-notch? I love it. I see you make Cahokias. One of my favorite points. I've found real ones and have made a few. Like you, I don't knap anymore. Here are a couple of mine. These are Paiute Agate. Gary

View attachment 1632246

Love your Cahokias. Lot of fun to make, plus you don't use up much material.
The guy that made the e-notch was a Missouri knapper, if I remember correctly. Lots of really good flint knappers in Missouri. 20180915_100840.jpg

OP
OP
K

kansa54

Aug 12, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
20180915_100600.jpg 20180915_100649.jpg

Here's a pic of one of George Eklunds points in stone. He always claimed to be the first to make these. Don't know if he really was but pretty sure there were not many before him.

I've tried to make these and they are a lot harder to make than it looks.

I saw one of these at an Indian artifact show once that a guy was claiming it to be pre historic. Didn't have the heart to tell him that I probably knew the person that made it. lol

By the way, anyone know why some of the pics I post end up sideways or upside down?

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
George Eklund did make those before I started knapping. That was '85. Posting from your phone most likely. Gary

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any chance you know what that top Cahokia point is made of? I’ve found one recently made of the same material, never seen it before here in se Kansas been trying to id it

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1590460068.484498.jpg

... woah weird the date changed on the thread, it was saying 04/20... now it says it’s 2 years old, and it didn’t show some posts... looks like piaute agate

Last edited:

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
I have sat with Dan Theus at knap ins in Fredericksburg Texas and Flintridge Ohio. Didn't do me much good, lol but it was fun to watch him knap. My mentor is Mike Cook who is one of the better knappers around.

I am more of a hacker but make points good enough to kill deer with. Thanks for posting.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried making a point once. I succeeded in making small rocks out of a larger one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread