Visiting Missoula for a week. Anybody want to detect?

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may be a long shot but here goes. I will be in Missoula for a week starting saturday (11/23/13) with my detector in tow. I would love to get out and detect with another fellow enthusiast instead of going at it blindly by myself. I have a couple years experience and consider myself a respectful detectorist (neat plugs, pick up trash, leave no trace, ect...).
If anyone wants to get out there let me know. I also am bringing along some panning equipment if anyone would like to do some of that. Any info on places to hit or places to stay away from regarding both would be appreciated as well. Forecast is looking good and I just want to enjoy the outdoors! HH!

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its been pretty cold here in Kalispell but were still hitting plowed feilds and the shore of Flathead Lake. Good luck in Missoula. Theres an old park up the rattlesnake in the north east part of town back under the interstate. The park was ahobo camp during the depression, I hit it for about an hour once and found a merc and a couple wheats but it started raining really hard. Ask locals where the park up the rattlesnake is, Missoula is a awsome town and people are as freindly as they come.

OP
OP
J

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic. Thank you very much for the info. I will definitely check it out. You wouldn't think hobo's would have a whole lot of coins to lose. Lol.

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats just the story as I was told it. The park is narrow along a creek with a running trail through it. If your ever in the Flathead give me a shout.

OP
OP
J

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will do. Thank you again for the info. Much appreciated!

OP
OP
J

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtscratcher, if you are available this coming week I'd love to come up and detect a field or shoreline. Kalispell is closer to missoula than I originally had thought. I know its the holiday season and many have family plans but I figured I'd throw it out there. HH!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we could make it friday or the weekend after thanksgiving pretty busy until then. Went to a feild yesterday and the frost was about six inches had to use a pick. Supposed to warm up to almost forty all week. Let me know and I'll pm my phone number. How you doin in Missoula.

OP
OP
J

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am busy Friday and leaving Saturday. I figured it would be hard to get together with someone due to the holiday. No biggie, I have tried to dig a couple times and the ground is pretty dang hard. Havent made it to the rattlesnake because I figure the ground is too hard. I may stop by in the next couple days if the temp warms a bit.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you get back over here in late winter Flathead will be at its lowest and best detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread