What has happened to everyone

Daryn

Apr 23, 2013
Hey Davin, I will take you up on your offer for sure. Planning our trip now and will get back to you on my dates. Probably the middle of March. Thanks for the offer. Going to hit up an old church/school house that is around Big Sandy if the ground is soft enough.

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goose-O. I made a killing ( for me anyway ) this summer here in Anaconda when they tore up all the street corners on Park and Commercial to make them comply to current standards. I had to stand around like a vulture impatiently waiting for them to tear up each corner but found 3 V Nicks, 2 Barber quarters, my first Merc., a nice token for Washoe Coal Company for 5 cents of #5 coal and a Barber dime. It did take almost the whole summer for them to complete the curb corner project and then repaved both Park and Commercial. I can only dream of what must be under the streets and sidewalks in the town. Winter kills me here and so I dream of summer a lot.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Wow, you sure had a good hunt! I was there for a week when only a few corners were torn up and found just common change. I also had permission to detect the south side St Patrick's church and the front of the building next to the church where the front concrete steps were torn out. All I found was around $1.20 in common change. I'll look you up next time I'm in Anaconda, possibly the end of May when there is the girls' softball tournament. I have a grand daughter playing for Anaconda H S and they look pretty good for the 2016 season. Heck, I've been to Anaconda every yr since 1982.....sometimes 2 X a yr. (35 yrs at 2200 miles round trip driving? That's 77,000 miles I've put on 5 vehicles since.}

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am positive that is never going to happen again in my lifetime. A friend of mine from Ennis gave me the " Diggers " Extreme Metal Detecting DVDs and I have been watching them to keep me from going into detecting withdrawal. You wotyuldn't believe all the places they have detected around this area. I mean absolutely everywhere in the Deerlodge and Anaconda area. My wife and I are always saying " I know where that is ". Hope you have a prosperous detecting 2016. Let me know this summer when you are going to be in the hood.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Do you collect coins as a hobby? I started many, many snows ago and always thought that detectors to look for coins were expensive.....which they were. Then my kids gave me a modestly priced White's Coin Classic II for Christmas ($150). I then upgraded 3 times over the years to a White's Spectrum VX3 which I use now. See ya in the spring.

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you collect coins as a hobby? I started many, many snows ago and always thought that detectors to look for coins were expensive.....which they were. Then my kids gave me a modestly priced White's Coin Classic II for Christmas ($150). I then upgraded 3 times over the years to a White's Spectrum VX3 which I use now. See ya in the spring.
ld
No, but I have been going on ebay and buying just a very few coins that I want and that I know I will never find metal detecting. I only started detecting a couple of years ago and envy some of the people here who were into metal detecting back in the early days when there had to be some really good stuff here. Although so many hate the " Diggers " I probably would never gotten into metal detecting if it hadn't been for their crazy show. Funny thing I got permission to detect a families yard here and when I asked they said go ahead but a guy had already detected it looking for a ring ( Ya, I bet. Just an excuse to detect there. I know the guy all too well ). I ended up finding a Anaconda Treasures Company ( The Diggers ) $4.00 token that had to been planted around 2007 so figured they just left it there to show they had already detected it and not to bother. Well I ended up finding my first war nickel, 4 Rosie dimes and 4 wheat pennies. So go figure.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Hey, that "Diggers' " coin might have some worth. I've been at it for many yrs, and I've found a few good coins, tokens, and medals and I've had some articles published in a detecting magazine. Just stay with it and go to places that don't look too promising.....who knows. I was detecting at Goodman Park some yrs ago in Anaconda and next to some concrete holding up some playground equipment I found a nice stack of 9 c/n (copper/nickel) Roosevelt dimes. They were in a stack like they were purposely buried there. Well, 90 cents is better than nothing. Another thing.....drive around looking for buildings being torn down. Wait until the workmen leave and detect the place. I watched an old frame abandoned house for around 2 years. I checked on it one day and it was gone and the ground was leveled smooth. I quickly started to detect and found a Civil War U S belt plate (buckle), a Barber dime, and some common change. A few days later it was paved for a church parking lot.....yes, I was lucky, or "On the ball". My motto, "Seek and ye shall find."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions