What has happened to everyone

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
This room gets so little action, most people don't check it. I try to check it every couple days.... But I think we all live in different cities.

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I get out and detect quite often but to be honest, the findings are a little slim here in Montana. At least from what I've found so far! But I know there's still good stuff out there, just need to find it.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I just got back last night from 8 days in the Anaconda area. I watched some of the class A high school girls' softball championship played at Polson then went back to Anaconda for detecting around the area. Nothing exciting found. I'm going back the 3rd week in July for more detecting, and I plan to again detect an old mining ghost town, Granite city, near Phillipsburg 4-1/2 miles up a mountain. Happy diggin'.

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got back last night from 8 days in the Anaconda area. I watched some of the class A high school girls' softball championship played at Polson then went back to Anaconda for detecting around the area. Nothing exciting found. I'm going back the 3rd week in July for more detecting, and I plan to again detect an old mining ghost town, Granite city, near Phillipsburg 4-1/2 miles up a mountain. Happy diggin'.
Anaconda is where Digger's Ringy and King George live, I imagine they have hit it pretty hard, but they could not have found everything. If you ever get to the Flathead Valley give me a shout and we will go dig up something.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
My son knows George and I was going to meet him, but he was out filming somewhere. Maybe he'll be around in July. I have easily found better stuff than those guys show finding on T V, but my son said that those guys found far, far better stuff on their own. I've been detecting for 24 yrs.....still a newbie in certain aspects, but I'm still learning every year.

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have run into Tim ( Ringy ) several times around town. He will hide some ATC ( Anaconda Treasure Company ) tokens around here and there in Anaconda area. I have found one without a detector. They are both very nice guys and haven't although haven't found everything here in Anaconda they have covered lots of premium ground with tons of great finds.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Goose, I have been to Granite many times and would love to detect it. The place is posted, If you get caught they will probably introduce you to the old P-Burg jail. Just a heads up.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I've been up there 4 times in the last 4 yrs and I've never seen a posted sign. I go up the 4.5 miles in an SUV and I see other vehicles up there....even sedans in which I figured would bottom out on some of the rocks going up. I guess they didn't. The one place I haven't hit yet is the baseball field....I will next yr if it's not grown over too much.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You apparently haven't read the signs that say that there is no digging, no disturbing the ground and no taking any artifacts. Again I hope you have bail money.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But then again you are not from here so let the natives feel the heat.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe you should be a real detectorist and find a place that isn't posted. Do some real research. Instead of making it harder for us in this state as it is.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I have detected for only 24 yrs now. I cover my holes, respect private and posted properties, and always ask permission. I have never seen any signs at Granite, never.

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With the fact that the " Diggers " are from here ( Anaconda ) and the good ol EPA has taken most of the top soil from any place not a residence the picking is pretty slim. IMHO. Not to say you won't/can't find anything here but I believe all the really good stuff has been found, or that is my experience.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
T S, yes, thing are pretty slim in Anaconda. Been going there for many yrs now and all I found was a neat stack of around 10 clad dimes buried in sand at Goodman Park, a silver dime at the Dugout bar (around Galen), and a 1907-D Barber quarter on the (SW-?) corner of Oak & 4th St when a house was torn down. A brick dentist office is there now. Also, it's really tough digging when streets are widened.....gravel and rock. I was also informed by the Dugout Bar's owner, that a large state T B sanitarium (is that word sill used?) was between his bar and I-90. He didn't know when the sanitarium was torn down, but it was a very long time ago.

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Goose-O : Nice score on the 07 Barber quarter. A dear detecting friend in Ennis is always finding fantastic old stuff. Every time he is nice enough to invite me to go with him neither of us find much. I know I am a jinx to him but he still asks me to come along.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All you have to do is look at the Visitor board by the miners hall and you will see the sign.

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot I could look on the Montana threads....Hi all!

Daryn

Apr 23, 2013
I go to Montana at least twice a year to visit family. I always post here trying to find someone to detect with and no one replies. For a friendly state, no one wants to share their honey holes. Going to be back in March and July if anyone is interested. Will be in GF but I don't mind driving. Daryn

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go to Montana at least twice a year to visit family. I always post here trying to find someone to detect with and no one replies. For a friendly state, no one wants to share their honey holes. Going to be back in March and July if anyone is interested. Will be in GF but I don't mind driving. Daryn

If you make it to the flathead valley I'll take ya. The lakeshore is good in march.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread