dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The merc got me a little excited. My eyes aren't what they used to be. It's a 1916 and until I got my magnifying glass out I just knew it was a d. It's an s. Been to this spot twice and found 4 silvers and an indian but not one wheaty in over 80 coins. 1455414879623.jpg [ATTACH 1455414889867.jpg 1455414904287.jpg ]1272599[/ATTACH]

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More nice finds. Good for you. Must be nice getting out.

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Very good finds! It's a little cool here in central Minnesota. It got to a minus 19 Saturday morning, but, no skeeters around and those pesky flies don't bother me or my food when I eat.
I detect our local college campus whenever anything is torn up (sidewalks, parking lots, etc) or torn down. Once an asphalt walk was removed and I detected the area. I kept getting a good signal over bits and pieces of the removed sidewalk. I kept stirring the pieces with my fingers (no pin pointer then) and saw nothing. Then I separated little piles of the asphalt and went over them with my detector. I finally found a 1" asphalt nugget that sounded off. I then gently broke it apart by stepping on it. Out popped a 1916 an XF Merc dime. I slowly turned it around.........no mint mark, but it is one of the best conditioned Mercury dimes I've ever found.

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got out and to honor President Day and I found some detectable ground. Wahoo, 4 Roosevelt clad dimes to break the Cabin Fever. It doesn't take much to make me happy after long winter months. Hopefully a good 2016 detecting.

OP
OP
D

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got out and to honor President Day and I found some detectable ground. Wahoo, 4 Roosevelt clad dimes to break the Cabin Fever. It doesn't take much to make me happy after long winter months. Hopefully a good 2016 detecting.

Man its getting closer her in the valley. Yesterday was beautiful. Probably going to Plains today. 90 some miles one way, still cheaper than therapy. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread