jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cut Bank pioneer press. (Cut Bank, Mont.), 15 Sept. 1916.

1.jpg

Cut Bank pioneer press. (Cut Bank, Mont.) 1909-current, September 15, 1916, Image 2 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

2.jpg

3.jpg

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Way south of Missoula, home of the Grizz, University of Montana. Area is toristy today, but still wildernes of sorts.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Southwest of there, about 70miles, in Idaho, there was a large tungsten operation at Patterson Ck in the Pahsimeroi Valley. That was in the 40' & 50's.
Jim

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting story, My landlord, Mr. Sullivan, ran a mine near the big hole river in the 1950's. It has always been listed as a tungsten mine, but he said when he was mining it, they were mainly harvesting rare earth minerals of all kinds, and they supposedly made ALOT of money. It is know in the Montana Rockhounding guide as Calvert hill. People go there to find really nice epidote crystals, quartz crystals, large low quality garnets, and very rarely bright blue aquamarine. I myself have found some really blue broken pieces of aqua, but nothing whole. I have also been there at night with a shortwave black light, found some nice sheelite, and some other interesting stuff! I'm hoping to go back sometime this summer to look again!

Last edited:

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Zim, that sounds like a good outing. Heck, camp a few days and look for those goodies. Of course, at night you'll have to go to town to replenish your vital body fluids. (Hic)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions