Feb 7, 2016
NW Montana
Detector(s) used
30" Prospector BGT,
Garret pans (10", 14", SuperSluice),
Home-built Gold Hog-ish Highbanker a la Raptor
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could someone help me find the easiest way to figure out if a section of stream has an active mining claim on it please? With the advent of Googlemaps, I would expect there should be a way to pull up a map that has all the boundaries of the claims laid out on it somewhere. Thanks.

OP
OP
J

johngfoster

Feb 7, 2016
NW Montana
Detector(s) used
30" Prospector BGT,
Garret pans (10", 14", SuperSluice),
Home-built Gold Hog-ish Highbanker a la Raptor
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a bit more "digging", I found this site:

Mining Claims Maps

It's about as close as I could find to what I'm looking for.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
John, ask the question over in the Prospecting forum, as there are some
very knowledgeable people there.

Also, this site has many tools which would be helpful in your search:

Welcome to Land Matters

mpgken

Oct 3, 2016
Montana in winter and Yukon in summer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John,
As far as I know there is no way to do what you are wanting. The BLM used to have the LR2000 linked to the Geocommunicator which would help map the claims but not anymore. Now you can find the general area by section. Then you have to physically go to the location and find the corner markers. Once those are located you can determine if there are any claims on the land you are looking at. Be sure that any claims you find markers for are legitimate. If they are recently filed they may not show in the LR2000. You would need to contact the county recorders office for whatever county you are looking at.

America has become very anti mining so progressives have made finding this kind of information difficult.

Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions