Helena

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not in Helena but we do get to Helena a couple of times a months. I'm not at all familiar with detecting in the Helena area. Have you been doing any good there ? We are usually in sort of a time crunch when we do get to Helena so I have never detected there.

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not up there full time anymore. But when I am, I'm in Deer Lodge. Will gladly meet up to detect. From city parks, yards to old areas in the mountains.

FFFPatriot

Feb 21, 2017
Montana
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II, 4 Kidde brand smoke detectors, and 1 carbon monoxide detector I bought from Home Depot (can't remember the brand).
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm in Townsend. Ridiculously busy due to life happening, including starting a new business, with no end in sight, at the present. I spend a lot of time in the eastern Elkhorns and want to start more exploring in Confederate Gulch. Found my first nugget with my GB II. A friend I had years ago had a 40 acre claim there, and ran a 705 Xterra, which is in my soon future sights. Damn timing.

OP
OP
Shunkaha

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in Townsend. Ridiculously busy due to life happening, including starting a new business, with no end in sight, at the present. I spend a lot of time in the eastern Elkhorns and want to start more exploring in Confederate Gulch. Found my first nugget with my GB II. A friend I had years ago had a 40 acre claim there, and ran a 705 Xterra, which is in my soon future sights. Damn timing.

I use the 705 also. Still looking for someone to try a few spots out with. I have a couple places to go for gold hunting in the wilderness. Or a couple of sledding hill areas. I usually check the site every couple days. So hit me up on the weekend if anyone is interested.

JLambert

Jun 21, 2017
Helena, MT
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I use the 705 also. Still looking for someone to try a few spots out with. I have a couple places to go for gold hunting in the wilderness. Or a couple of sledding hill areas. I usually check the site every couple days. So hit me up on the weekend if anyone is interested.

I am in Helena and I just bought a Minelab X-Terra 705 last night!!! Looking forward to getting out and finding some treasures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread