Tear out digging in Helena

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone in Helena? Get to last chance gulch. The upper end they are diggin for new irigation pipes. May be nothing but there are some small trenches and piles of dirt. May all be overfill but never know. I was in town to get a few things and saw them. Don't have my detector with me. small area upper end towards library. should only take a little bit to hit. Good luck if you go

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Did read an interesting old article on three boys playing around a trees roots and found an old can of nuggets cached long ago. That section of the state is called Gold West!

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard about a bank in Helena on Last Chance Gulch that built a parking garage underground. They got enough gold to pay for the parking garage.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The best story for the region is the underground channel of gold, we will be covering that one in a later book.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Might as well tell a bit about the tin can of nuggets found in the tree roots. Three boys playing find the can, the larger one takes the can and runs home. The father's get involved and one of them takes another to court and wins a libal suit. This bankrupts one father and then a old prospector comes forward and gains legal possion of the gold! True story in old newspaper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread