Libby Creek

chuckbordell

May 26, 2008
Missoula, mt
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Whites MXT
Be careful around Libby and Libby Creek. Libby itself is one of the most polluted sites in America (asbestos and vermiculite). I don't think limited exposure will hurt you, but if you have lung problems already it could be dangerous.

Chuck

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old post. For us it was pretty much a bust. We went to the public panning spot and talk about a bunch of unfriendly people who had the whole useable area tied up. We then back down the road to the GPAA claim which was void of people and only found very little fly poop gold. It is a beautiful area but not worth the 500 mile round trip for us anyway.

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Icollins, thanks for the tip and up date. no need to travel so far.

goldseeker4000

Mar 5, 2011
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab X-terra 705, Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You people must not be from the northwest part of Montana. I have been prospecting on Libby Creek since 1999 and I can assure you Libby Creek area is not polluted. Just around north east area around the town as well as the town itself. They spread the waste in peoples yards all over the town. It was every where in the town as well as insulation in homes. Libby Creek is 12 miles from town to the south, then about another 12 miles further south thru the mountains. As for the gold, it can be very good. I have taken some nice nuggets out of there. Biggest was 3 grams. Have been 1/4 oz. Nuggets pulled out of there with detectors. And you can't just go up and dig in the hole dug by excavator. You have to be a member of the club. And no the are not a bunch of unfriendly miners. There are many very good people in the club. Y'all sound like a bunch of scared Nancies. That OK though. It just means more good gold for us locals. Lmao.

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldseeker4000, thanks for giving us the info. on libby creek. what is the name of the club you belong to ?
I have been wanting to do some prospecting in Montana. I am not a pro but willing to learn more.
I live above Coeur d' alene, Idaho.
thanks

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldseeker4000, thanks for the info. i appreciate it. hoping to get that way in the near future if everything here works out ok.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions