silver bow courthouse, july 4th 1912. any info out there?

SpokaneDigger

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/tinytec pinpointer
found this at a house built in 1914, any of you Montana hunters come across these or know of them as far as rarity of if they were made just for the opening in 1912 of if they made them for years as a souvenir?
NT83108.jpg

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
It's in Butte, Montana... "The new courthouse cost $482,600 and was financed by public bonds. It was completed and dedicated on the 4th of July in 1912.".

It's a dedication to that event I would guess... Nice find!

Check out this link, if you're still here on TreasureNet... http://www.butteamerica.com/bsb.htm

OP
OP
S

SpokaneDigger

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
ty for the info, i found the website back in sept. i was just wondering about when they were minted and how many if that kind of info was out there

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I see... :) I think that kind of information would be lost to history... but, I should ask if there is a company name or any words on the back of that piece that might indicate who made it?

OP
OP
S

SpokaneDigger

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
well i looked before but you made me look again. just as i was about to put it away again but some VERY small lettering caught my eye. so it is time to start lookin stuff up.
from what i can tell it says "The Chas M. Robbins Co , Attleboro Mass."

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
SpokaneDigger said:
well i looked before but you made me look again. just as i was about to put it away again but some VERY small lettering caught my eye. so it is time to start lookin stuff up.
from what i can tell it says "The Chas M. Robbins Co , Attleboro Mass."

CHAS M. ROBBINS - Attleboro, MA
Founded in 1892 by Charles M. Robbins. In 1912 Robbins Company was formed and in 1963 became a subsidiary of Continental Communications Corporation.

So it looks like your piece was made just before the company name changed to Robbins Company, and in time for the 1912 opening of the courthouse...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread