spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how many of you find a gem in some offbeat movies, here are to catch. I wonder if anyone has seen even one of these movies.

Zachariah - The first rock & Roll Western, with Country Joe and the fish, Elvin Bishop & The James Gang

Repo Man

Brother From Another Planet

The Ninth Configuration - Starring Stacey Keach, this is actually a really good and poignant movie

Do you have any good offbeat movies that are your favorites

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Airplane 1,2,3, O'bother where thou,Kentucky Fried Movie,Ghost Town, North by Northwest and there remaking Repo man...why.......... :dontknow:

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
There was one called Joe's room or something like that where the guys apartment was full of roaches and they talked to him. I had almost forgot about that goofy thing. I think my favorite movie though is Rat Race.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vayank54 said:
There was one called Joe's room or something like that where the guys apartment was full of roaches and they talked to him. I had almost forgot about that goofy thing. I think my favorite movie though is Rat Race.

Joe's Apartment is that movie. Rat race was actually a good comedy. Killer Klowns would fall into offbeat as would Pecker, I think. I have never seen, nor heard of Pecker, but with John Waters behind it, I am sure it is strange. Funny thing is that I do see several movies listed, that it may be time to watch again.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Napoleon Dynamite!!! That was filmed here in Idaho, kinda makin fun of the people here. When I 1st moved here everbody was crackin jokes from the movie........"Gimme some of yer tots dude", etc. Id never seen it so a buddy loaned me the DVD. I got about halfway through & had to turn it off, it was just so stupid. After a bit I figured I better watch the rest so I understood all the jokes & ended up falling in love. Have the DVD, seen it too many times & will watch it again next time its on Comedy Central. :D

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Videodrome, A Clockwork Orange, Brimstone & Treacle, Pulpfiction, Bubba Ho-tep, and Vase de Noces.

Don't know about how offbeat they are but they were definitely different :wink:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeep said:
Videodrome, A Clockwork Orange, Brimstone & Treacle, Pulpfiction, Bubba Ho-tep, and Vase de Noces.

Interesting choices, I think that A Clockwork Orange and to a leser extent Pulp Fiction are borderline, as both are quirky, but masterful films. Seeing that Bubba Ho-tep got 2 :headbang: :headbang: I just bought it on e-bay. I hope it's worth the $5.00 I had to shell out. So thanks for the picks.

Mighty AP, you just have to love Napoleon Dynamite and vote for Pedro :hello2: It just had a great feel and being set in the early 70's just fit to the times back then.

As for catching Flies, I am unable to find that movie listed anywhere. Can you tell me who was in it? I would like to see what it is about.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
spartacus53 said:
Jeep said:

As for catching Flies, I am unable to find that movie listed anywhere. Can you tell me who was in it? I would like to see what it is about.

OOps... it's Drawing Flies - I corrected my above post. It's a 1996 movie starring Jason Mewes (Jay)and Jason Lee (Mall Rats & My Name is Earl)... I own it - definate cult flick. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116138/

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
spartacus53 said:
Jeep said:

OOps... it's Drawing Flies - I corrected my above post. It's a 1996 movie starring Jason Mewes (Jay)and Jason Lee (Mall Rats & My Name is Earl)... I own it - definate cult flick. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116138/

Thanks for your update, I just bought it on e-bay for $4.67 shipped. I like the movies Kevin Smith makes, so I guess this will be another enjoyable one. I wonder if it wasn't filmed in NJ and they said it was Canada, as Kevin loves to film in his home state here. I still watch his "Clerks", all the time. :laughing9:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
battlecat said:
12 monkeys
Brazil

I see that you like Terry Gilliam's films. I already have 12 Monkeys. I have heard of, but never saw Brazil. Looked for it on e-bay and that is one pricey movie, I wonder why :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread