Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Wind and The Lion -Sean Connery, Candice Bergen, Brian Keith. Set during the Presidency of Teddy Roosevelt (Brian Keith) taking place in a mid-eastern country. Candice Bergan and her children are kidnapped by the Rysoolie (sp?) Sean Connery who is the leader of a band of desert nomads, and also happens to be the brother of the Shiek who rules the country. Sean Connery is an admirer of President Roosevelt of whom he has only heard of and is interested in what kind of weapons the President uses. Brian Keith sends a gunboat with a detachment of U.S. Marines to rescue Candice Bergan and her kids. The Marines march right into the capital and take over the capital and capture the Shiek and in the end rescue Candice and kids. Many subplots about the customs and nature of the beliefs of the desert nomads and the reaction between Sean and Candice and the kids. In the end, the Rysoolie gets a present of a Winchester rifle from President Roosevelt and all ends happily. Great movie that the whole family can enjoy although a little bit of blood and guts in a couple of scenes. I went to the theater to see it , really wanting to see something else but missed the start of the other movie. I have it on tape and have watched it several times since. Monty

OP
OP
Postalrevnant

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Monty said:
The Wind and The Lion -Sean Connery, Candice Bergen, Brian Keith. Set during the Presidency of Teddy Roosevelt (Brian Keith) taking place in a mid-eastern country. Candice Bergan and her children are kidnapped by the Rysoolie (sp?) Sean Connery who is the leader of a band of desert nomads, and also happens to be the brother of the Shiek who rules the country. Sean Connery is an admirer of President Roosevelt of whom he has only heard of and is interested in what kind of weapons the President uses. Brian Keith sends a gunboat with a detachment of U.S. Marines to rescue Candice Bergan and her kids. The Marines march right into the capital and take over the capital and capture the Shiek and in the end rescue Candice and kids. Many subplots about the customs and nature of the beliefs of the desert nomads and the reaction between Sean and Candice and the kids. In the end, the Rysoolie gets a present of a Winchester rifle from President Roosevelt and all ends happily. Great movie that the whole family can enjoy although a little bit of blood and guts in a couple of scenes. I went to the theater to see it , really wanting to see something else but missed the start of the other movie. I have it on tape and have watched it several times since. Monty

Hey Monty that is very interesting. I am a Sean Connery fan but don't think I have heard or or seen this movie. Thank you, that's one for sure I need to see if I can find.

Postalrevnant

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Lao.jpg

Arakronn

Oct 13, 2005
De Pere/Green Bay Wisconsin
"Nobody's Fool"...Paul Newman, Bruce Willis, Melanie Griffith, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Jessica Tandy
"Beautiful Girls"...Michael Rapaport, Uma Thurman, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Natalie Portman, Timothy Hutton, Matt Dillon, Rosie O'Donnell, Martha Plimpton, Mira Sorvino, Lauren Holly

Quote from: Baron Von De Kalb on October 11, 2006, 09:06:37 PM
Quote from: af1733 on October 11, 2006, 01:10:56 PM
PCU (Politically Correct University)

"A BRIDGE TO FAR i can stop watching TV" LMAO

HA!! A fellow fan!
"Coffee........Coffee NOW!!"

"You're going to wear the shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy!"

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Arakronn said:
"Nobody's Fool"...Paul Newman, Bruce Willis, Melanie Griffith, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Jessica Tandy
"Beautiful Girls"...Michael Rapaport, Uma Thurman, Pruitt Taylor Vince, Natalie Portman, Timothy Hutton, Matt Dillon, Rosie O'Donnell, Martha Plimpton, Mira Sorvino, Lauren Holly

Quote from: Baron Von De Kalb on October 11, 2006, 09:06:37 PM
Quote from: af1733 on October 11, 2006, 01:10:56 PM
PCU (Politically Correct University)

"A BRIDGE TO FAR i can stop watching TV" LMAO

HA!! A fellow fan!
"Coffee........Coffee NOW!!"

"You're going to wear the shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy!"

:D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just finished watching the Movie "Dick" on Comedy Central.

Dan Hedya, as Richard Nixon, yelling at his dog "Checkers"

"Checkers....shut up or I'll feed you to the Chinese"

the last 10 Seconds of that Movie when their Holding up the Banner for Nixon, Makes me Laugh every time :P

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SUDDENLY
ol blue eyes as a hit man to cap the president
old but good!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WAITING,,,,,,,,,,

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
LowX, dang right Office Space was a good movie! I have a neighbor that me and my friends call "stapler guy"... he's a dead ringer for Milton... personality and all. :D

T

TreasureTales

"The Earthling" starring William Holden, set in Australia's outback. Great scenery and interesting relationship between Holden's character and the little boy he taught to survive in the wilderness.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLS ANGELS (the Howard Hughes movie)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
"The Earthling" starring William Holden, set in Australia's outback. Great scenery and interesting relationship between Holden's character and the little boy he taught to survive in the wilderness.
ricky shcroder
good one TT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread