Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, try befriending a real wolf in the wild - Ya got something more realistic, like attack of the killer tomatoes? :laughing7:
I just can't stand Hollywood's mentality..........

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, try befriending a real wolf in the wild - Ya got something more realistic, like attack of the killer tomatoes?
I just can't stand Hollywood's mentality..

Me either.you never know about the wolf part though.My brother befriended a black bear where he lives.I had no problem at all picking up a full grown redtail hawk off the highway that wasnt injured while riding my 10 speed to work.I think the bird enjoyed the ride.It didnt put up a struggle,it just held on to my wrist with its talons while i held it against me.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually, it was a great movie. Do you think that things like that really happened?

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, it was a great movie. Do you think that things like that really happened?

No, I don't - I have seen too many articles on people getting too close to animals. They photograph the animals in nature and ever so slowly, they get closer and closer "thinking they are excepted" and them bam - they become the next meal. This isn't grizzly Adams, this is the real world.......The Timber wolves are interested in two things, eating and making little Timber wolves!

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hah, nice Jaws reference there theringfinder!

Im a fan of these big sweeping historically American based drawn out stories. I'd add The Patriot, Far and Away and Gangs of New York.

I also enjoyed the future Costner ones as well, the Postman and yes, even Water World! Papperrr, it's papppperrrr!

If anything I learned one Sioux word...Tatanka!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
No, I don't - I have seen too many articles on people getting too close to animals. They photograph the animals in nature and ever so slowly, they get closer and closer "thinking they are excepted" and them bam - they become the next meal. This isn't grizzly Adams, this is the real world.......The Timber wolves are interested in two things, eating and making little Timber wolves!

I see what youre saying there now buddy.I think what would cause it more is stupid shows like grizzly adams:laughing9:Disney shows and cartoons certainly didnt help,bambi for instance,takes it to a whole new level.Yup living in the woods is all joy and peace,living in the land of milk and honey.The biggest crock of crap since I dont know when.If people want to walk up on wild animals,let them.Two purposes are served,darwins theory if they die,and a lesson taught if theyre able to walk away afterwards,but thats only till next time.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darwinism at work so it is.

The "stupid" gene is removed from the pool.

It is incredible the stupidity that people exhibit around PREDATORS. Even those in a zoo.

I was at the zoo in DC ,,, checking out the bears. A ladfy had her small child there and the bear came to the place where her and child were.
The bear then was trying to "touch" the kid,,,

Mom says "awww look,, he wants to PLAY with you"
I looked her in the eyes and said "ummm NO,,, it wants to EAT your kid". I said it loud enough for her to hear,,, several others heard it also. She really got mad,,, but then one other gal actually supported my comment.
The "sheeple (get it?) think all they are is cuddly ,,playful animals.
Little do they realize that the opposite is nearly always the case.
We are in no way a "top" predator with animals this size and power.

More DARWINISM at work,,,

Hit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread