TogaMario

Greenie
Jul 2, 2007
Hartsville, SC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a quick search and didn't notice any threads on this topic, which I figured would be buzzing around here! They've been shooting parts of the new Indiana Jones movie at Essex Train Station, so now that they've invested money in it, it seems pretty official :D Yay. People say it's going to be bad because the same atmosphere from the originals doesn't linger today for the same types of adventure, but I think National Treasure proved that wrong. Besides, they went through tons of scripts before having George Lucas, Steven Spielburg, and Harrison Ford all okay the current one, so it can't be THAT bad. Any thoughts?

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Shia LaBeouf has signed on for this one. Rumor has it he will be playing Indys long lost son, possibly to carry on the series now that Ford has gotten so old.

They are shooting the 4th movie just like the previous 3, meaning NO DIGITAL CAMERAS! There will be no CG, because Lucas and Spielberg want to keep the "B" movie feeling from the previous 3.

John Hurt has signed on to play in the movie, and rumor has it that he will be playing Marion Ravenwood's (love interest from Raiders) presumed dead father!

Karen Allen and Kate Capshaw are supposed to be in this one also.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about Sir Thomas Sean Connery?!!! Sean Connery, outside of Harrison Ford, was my favorite character!
And I wonder if the plot will be on a Biblical/Archaeological basis like it has in the first and third?
I have the trilogy set... I HOPE they don't put out a new set with all 4... I'm a sucker for the sets and cool boxes. ::)

Bran <><

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Yes, Connery will be back. I also believe that John Rhys-Davies will be in it also.

Of course Denholm Elliott died back in 92, so he won't be back to play Dr. Marcus Brody.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm excited, none the less... Indiana Jones has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. And the trilogy set was the first DVD's I ever owned... now I've got a small collection amassing.

I can't wait for the 4th movie!
You think it'll be out by next year sometime... or are they looking further down the road for the release?

Right up there with Indiana Jones, I wish Spielberg & Lucas would have pursued making another Goonies film. That was another of my favorites. I know they would have had to do alot of writing to bring the kids, who are now adults, back into the story line... years down the road. I started to write a script for a second one once, in hopes of trying to one day get it to Spielberg or Lucas to provoke their minds once again... I should find that thing and work on it some more.

Bran <><

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
godisnum1 said:
Well I'm excited, none the less... Indiana Jones has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid. And the trilogy set was the first DVD's I ever owned... now I've got a small collection amassing.

I can't wait for the 4th movie!
You think it'll be out by next year sometime... or are they looking further down the road for the release?

Right up there with Indiana Jones, I wish Spielberg & Lucas would have pursued making another Goonies film. That was another of my favorites. I know they would have had to do alot of writing to bring the kids, who are now adults, back into the story line... years down the road. I started to write a script for a second one once, in hopes of trying to one day get it to Spielberg or Lucas to provoke their minds once again... I should find that thing and work on it some more.

Bran <><

1st commercial for 4 should air Thanksgiving day this year.

All the adults who played the goonies were interested in doing another one. It got so far as a script about the adults and their kids, but interest petered out.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I know it did... which was sad... 'cause who ends one of the greatest 80's movies (in my opinion) with a treasure ship FULL of "Rich Stuff" sailing off into the ocean. I mean, seriously. There has to be more. They need to act on it now while all the actors/actresses are still willing to go at it again.
Man, there's so much potential...

Bran <><

OP
OP
T

TogaMario

Greenie
Jul 2, 2007
Hartsville, SC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know the guy who played Brody had died :( He was a fun character, but I'm most happy to hear that Sean Connery will be taking up the charge too! "We named the dog Indiana." Priceless :D

All I can say is no matter how crappy or cool it looks, they're getting my $6.50 + snacks for this one. I've been deceived by the several supposed "hit" movies for this year, so I'm hoping this one doesn't fall flat on it's face like the others did.

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
new movies supposed to be about the ark again,this time the russians want it

Arakronn

Oct 13, 2005
De Pere/Green Bay Wisconsin
Hate to burst bubbles here (I'm not happy about it, either), but.....

"Sean Connery was asked to reprise his role as Henry Jones, Sr. from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989). But Connery turned it down because he did not want to come out of retirement."

excerpt taken from www.imdb.com

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't know there was a part 3

I wasn't impressed with Part 2

#1 was alright till they turned the end into a Ghost story.

I would have enjoyed it more if there was a Treasure
in the Box.

Nick in NEPA

Dec 28, 2006
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Suggested title: Indiana Jones and the Sexy Sidekick Half His Age

BigDD1978

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2007
Wapakoneta,OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Discovery 2200
Harrison Ford is in this movie, Sean Connery is not. If they waited this long for a good script, I would venture to guess that it is fairly good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions