Anyone see 300 yet?

cillosis

Nov 3, 2005
Norfolk, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT/White's Prizm 5
Yeah I bought it the other day...great movie! Very good cinematography :)

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not even close. I just turned 44 in March. ;D ;D ;D

Best,

Mike

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend burned me a copy of it about a month ago. It had good points and many bad points,overall it was just okay and only if your into gore. The wife refused to sit and watch it.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I really enjoyed it. Even liked the old version, although it was not nearly as exciting.

Check out Apocaplypto if you haven't yet- there's another goodie, although gory in parts.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeffro said:
I really enjoyed it. Even liked the old version, although it was not nearly as exciting.

Check out Apocaplypto if you haven't yet- there's another goodie, although gory in parts.
Apocalypto was very cool.

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
I felt the pain of true addiction during the movie 300. I was looking at that shoreline and thinking, MAN, I wanna go beep that spot.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
300 was not based on the story of the 300 Spartans that held the Thermopylae Pass against several hundred thousand Persians. Although it tells KIND OF the same story, it is based on the Comic Book "300" Drawn by Frank Miller.

While the movie is not exactly true to histry, it is VERY TRUE to the comic book from which it is based.

As long as you keep that in mind, it was a very good movie. It wasn't nearly as gory as the real life battles back then would have been. I think the best movies for realistic battle scenes were "Saving Private Ryan" and "Braveheart".

Best-Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's it, it is one of those adult comics that are very gory, and not meant for kids (like Frank Frazeta in the 1970s).

Best-Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread