The Final Chapter.......Gettysburg

gmstreet

Jul 29, 2007
Elkins, West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The Last Full Measure" written by Jeff Shaara follows his Father Mike Shaara's book "Killer Angels" the book, the movie "Gettysburg" was based on. Jeff also wrote the book "Gods and Generals" wich was the prequel to his fathers book. Confused yet, anyway, I believe the movie will be called the "Last Full Measure" It's about Lee's retreat from Pennsylvania to the end of the war. I have heard rumors it's going to be made, but when?...

sleeepy

Tenderfoot
Oct 4, 2006
I heard Jeff Daniels (Joshua Chamberlin in the Movies) give a radio interview a while back, and he wasn't too optimistic about "the Last Full Measure" being made. He talked about how the attitude in Hollywood is only about the Box office receipts, and apparently the first two movies just didn't generate enough revenue to justify making the third in the series. He and some of the other actors were pushing for it, but the powers that be hadn't made a decision yet.

Pimp Lenin

Apr 4, 2006
The Great State of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
P.O.S.
I really wish they would make "The Last Full Measure." I thought the other two were great, but you have to be into that history to fully appreciate the films. I know Ted Turner bankrolled a chunck of them. Maybe in time it will be made.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread