National Treasure: Book of Secrets!!!!

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I went to the midnight showing of the new National Treasure movie... and MAN was it stinkin' awesome! I almost want to say it was better, in my opinion, than the first one!! I was surprised & excited to see that the KGC was mentioned in this one, along with the City of Cibola (which is what the movie is based around)!!! I definitely suggest everyone go and see it as soon as you're able!

The next movie I'll be seeing tonight is Sweeny Todd, which is Johnny Depp's newest movie, produced by Tim Burton. Depp's finally doing a singing part for the first time in his career in a normal movie (from what I've heard). It should be enjoyable.

Yep, so go see National Treasure!!!

Bran <><

Attachments

• National Treasure.JPG
    National Treasure.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 890

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Very cool, Looking forward too seeing it tonight.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
I am going to see it as soon as I can. The first one blew me away. I look forward to seeing this.

Though I must hope they stop here. One can only find a very few "Greatest Treasures In The History Of Mankind" lol.
;D

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I just got back from seeing National Treasure and I LOVED it ! Must see it again for sure,
And I can see a 3rd installment , Heck theres all sorts of treasure stories to cover,,,Lost Dutchman ( hint hint )

I did'nt care for the 28 minutes of coming attractions and the dang silly Disney 'Goofy' cartoon before the movie >:(

I give this movie 5 gold coins ( 1 gold coin being worst - 6 gold coins being best )

HH..... :D

D.

vegasmtl

Jan 11, 2006
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bullseye II
I am releived that "real" people like it. I never believe critics. It will be here in a few weeks I think. We don't get many preview here, just a couple and the National Anthem. I miss the previews....

Thanks for the review!

vegasmtl

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got to be joking :-[ :o I watched the first one on cable the other night and I laughed so hard I almost puked! The opening scene was when they got out of there snowcats in the real world would have cost thousands of dollars and much more to get there and then they whip out there middle of the line Bounty Hunters that sounded like geiger counters. I didnt know if they were looking for clad or nuclear waste. He walks 10 feet and uncovers a shipwreck. Yeah that could happen! Thats when I stopped taking this movie serious and started watching it as a comedy. I will wait till part 2 comes out on Comedy Central to watch it. Thanks for all the great reviews.

KFB

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
kindafoundabuckle said:
You got to be joking :-[ :o I watched the first one on cable the other night and I laughed so hard I almost puked! The opening scene was when they got out of there snowcats in the real world would have cost thousands of dollars and much more to get there and then they whip out there middle of the line Bounty Hunters that sounded like geiger counters. I didnt know if they were looking for clad or nuclear waste. He walks 10 feet and uncovers a shipwreck. Yeah that could happen! Thats when I stopped taking this movie serious and started watching it as a comedy. I will wait till part 2 comes out on Comedy Central to watch it. Thanks for all the great reviews.

KFB
I agree on the comedy..Hollywood comedy that is.it is just a movie but I think what it does touch on is the basic premise of treasures out there waiting for someone to find them !

But in the first movie Im a critic, I picked apart a few things , finding the one item right off the bat that proved they found the Charlotte. which itself would be worth a fortune in history and artifacts but blowing it up !
A mid 18th century cavernous storage facility hidden under Ny city and no discovering it ! PAHLEASE!

Even as Ben Gates is hanging from the wooden elevator floor and the plank is giving way the nails were moden day and not hand forged iron squares ! ;D
Very few Hollywood box office hits stick to any kind of reality.

But I still loved the movie(s)

D.

oldplacesnofinds

May 8, 2007
Bucks County , PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum II Whites Spectrum
kindafoundabuckle said:

KFB

Yeah, because if it was factual, it would be so much fun to watch. You are just like my grandfather. Picking apart a great movie because it is a bit out there but if it was more realistic, it would be too dull. :-X

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
This movie was filled with all sorts of very interesting scenes.

Even more stimulating than the bell found with the Bounty Hunter was the jump and great escape from the FBI. He jumps in and the whole search is called off because he doesn't reappear at the point of entry. I mean, nobody thinks of checking the surrounding area. Smart fish I guess (National Treasure I).

National Treasure II is a great movie if you (like me) suffer from an over active imagination. Both I & II are like seeing the average too much pizza dream made into a movie.

Ya got to luv it!

Badge

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I liked National Treasure 2 very much. I can't wait to see Fool's Gold. It looks very good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread