New Indiana Jones movie...

WilliamTheFinder

May 9, 2008
pegleglooker said:
Hey gang,
Just got back from the movie and I thought it was GREAT!!!!! Part adventure, part fantasy, and part history. If you saw it lets know what you thought of it...

PLL

Indy has NEVER failed to please me.
Like a lot of people in my line of work, I was largely inspired by Indy...some people think he damages the credibility of researchers and archeologists by making it all appear actiony and folklorey, but those people are what we in the thinking world call "wrong". He actually gives little spiels about how bookish real history/archeology is in several of his movies, and I hope he follows through in this one (Haven't seen it yet). I know for a fact that without indy and the pulp fiction he's inspired from, there would be significantly fewer young people in the profession of forensic/research archeology

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Iron Man was a decent film

Was going to see Indy today but couldn't get there, tomorrow night is the night!

WilliamTheFinder

May 9, 2008
just saw it today
it was everything I wanted and much more...I like to see heroes a bit out of their element, Die Hard 4 did the same thing*

* and yes, Die Hard 4 was a good movie, no one will convince me otherwise.

Brett2259

Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
You can have Indy in a wheel chair and pooping his pants at the nursing home with the nurses chasing him and I will still see the movie. :tongue3:

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Loved the movie! I do not know why so many people hated the movie. I am definatly going to buy it when it comes out on DVD. Then I can complete my collection.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
After seeing the movie I cannot understand why people hated it so much either.

I think we have become very jaded over the past 20 years when it comes to films. I thought it was a fun movie.

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Just returned from the drive-in, saw the movie. Loved it, as I have all of them. I think they started a new generation of movies, also.

DM

Brett2259

Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Its a tongue in cheek saturday afternoon popcorn action adventure movie. They (Spielberg, Lucas) know its not based in reality. Its entertainment. I loved it. Too bad Ford too old to make another one.

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
Bought the dvd a few days ago, and FINALLY got some time to see it! What can I say...I loved it! Just like being a kid back in the 80's watching the first three :D

I have no idea why I have seen quite alot of those bad reviews. Of course it's almost impossible to top the first films, but I think they managed to re-create the original Indy feel really good, and the most important thing was that I had some great time watching it! ****/***** :thumbsup:

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey gang,
Here's something to live by.... good review=bad movie.... bad review=good movie. I will say that 9 out of 10 times you'll be right on...

PLL

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i thought it was awefull,don't understand why it got so cheezy,the first movies where just great,even though you knew Indy would get out of any situation,it was still great to watch,always exciting.this last one just didn't do it for me,i mean swinging with monkeys on vines chasing cars?i know its just a movie,but this one is just the worst of the series,there were times i almost turned it off.sometimes you just can't go back

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread