Batman - The Dark Knight

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks awesome,can't wait to see it,i heard you can figure out who the villian will be in the next one,any clues?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! :thumbsup: I was a bit disappointed it was only 2.5 hours long, actually. Sure, my legs fell asleep, but it was worth it.

And you're right about Ledger, Jim. Best villain I've seen in a long time. My wife and I were debating last night if he could posthumously win the Academy Award for his role.

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
bomber said:
looks awesome,can't wait to see it,i heard you can figure out who the villian will be in the next one,any clues?

I'm not gonna give away any spoilers... and have no clue if they will use __________ as the next villian!

Jack was a great joker... but this is a whole different level.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Montana Jim said:
bomber said:

I'm not gonna give away any spoilers... and have no clue if they will use __________ as the next villian!

Jack was a great joker... but this is a whole different level.
Jack was a perfect fit for the comic book Joker, but Dark Knight just isn't a comic book movie. It required a different Joker, and I think they found the right guy.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bomber said:

Go see it, and you will definitely know two villains it WON'T be!

I agree it was a great movie. I think the studios are getting the idea that in order to make movies adapted from comic books profitable, you have to kind of throw out the comic book, and make it for everybody. Not just the geeks! They still give the REAL geeks little "Easter Eggs" to find. Like in the movie "Iron Man"; in one scene, you can spot Captain America's Shield on Tony Stark's Work Table!

Mike

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont forget
NICK FURY agent of S.H.E.I.L.D. (sam jackson) :thumbsup:

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gollum said:
bomber said:

Go see it, and you will definitely know two villains it WON'T be!

I agree it was a great movie. I think the studios are getting the idea that in order to make movies adapted from comic books profitable, you have to kind of throw out the comic book, and make it for everybody. Not just the geeks! They still give the REAL geeks little "Easter Eggs" to find. Like in the movie "Iron Man"; in one scene, you can spot Captain America's Shield on Tony Stark's Work Table!

Mike
they also doing a Captain America,Thor,Antman movie.at the end of The Hulk,Tony Stark says "we're forming a team".......so we'll also be getting an Avengers movie

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
This movie was much darker, without giving away too many spoilers, having major characters that will not play a role in the next movie is refreshing. Too many directors/writers are afraid to go there.

I do not know if they can make another movie in this franchise but this was, without a doubt, one of the best movies I have seen in a long time, if for nothing else the way Ledger brought the Joker to life. While I was watching the movie I found myself drawn into his performance and after only a few short minutes forgot it was an actor playing a role and actually believed the Joker existed! That is what a good actor does with a role and Ledger was a GREAT actor in this role! Very scary the way he nailed the character.

This movie was worth the price of admission and I plan on seeing it again.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Guess I'm gonna have to see this one!

Seems everyone is very impressed with the quality of performance.

That kinda seems to be lacking these days, when they ride heavily on CGI and others with straight animation.

...I mean, 'Farce of the Penguins' was fun, and '300' was good, but I think I'd rather see quality acting.

I just saw Tom Cruise might release 'Valkyrie' day after Christmas???? Crazy!

Best

DigItUp

Jun 28, 2005
louisiana
Ever since it came out on cable I've been watching it non stop. Everytime I see i on the guide I say "ooh dark knight" I love the pencil trick my nephews and neices watch it But I don't think it's suitable for them most of them are almost ten. but they're cool kids, I can't believe that the younger ones like the "Hellboy" series I figured it would be too scary for them I'ts funny how they can watch the "Noggin" channel one minute and want to watch "The Dark Knight" the next.

It's funny how diffrent Generations talk about this character Weather it's Ceaser Romaro Or Jack Nicholson or Heath Ledger My older brothers think that Jack was the best one But this isn't a comic book movie. it's based more on graphic novels. Just the other day the "Batman" movie from the 60's was on and when my nephews saw the Joker they said "That's not the Joker"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread