Kolchak: The Night Stalker?

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I watched that show as a kid... spooky and creepy when you're a youngster in the 70s!

I remember the series and watched tons of them... they are in reruns now and I flip past them every once in a while... a fun and cool series!

I cannot remember any specifically though... :tard:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I STILL watch the reruns when I see they are on. ;D ;D ;D

The funniest is the headless motorcycle revenge killer.

Favorite was the Louisiana Swamp Creature Episode.

Best-Mike

OP
OP
bradyboy

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome clip -
Thanks M Jim - big flash back
Im wondering how I can find a cheap collection of the series
Bradyboy

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Great series. I also grew up in the 70's and watched every episode. The swamp monster was excellent, but I think my favorite was the pilot (vampire). Oh, also liked the one with the immortal doctor (set in San Francisco I believe - under the City).

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
The pilot was the best! I also like the one with Richard Kiel (James Bond's Jaws) as the Native American who could change into animals. They are all listed on IMDB. Sci-Fi used to have marathons during the day but stopped.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone who has Dish Network Satellite, see if you get The Channel "Chiller" in your area. They show reruns daily.

Best-Mike

Brett2259

Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Yes. I have the most of the series on ...Ugh...VHS! I will try to get the whole episodes on DVD one day. I will always remember the Vampire episode(pilot) because Kolchak was in the house when the vampire returned and Kolchak hid in closet and came out because he couldn't take it anymore was pretty scary as a kid. The werewolf on the cruise ship was a hoot too. And one episode was very informational because they had a shapeshifter and one guy had swastikas on front of a building and I thought it was Nazi symbols, but found out that they were for warding of evil or for good luck or something like that to protect them from the monster. Good series. :thumbsup:

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool mustang and great shots of Chicago,newer series sucked

Brett2259

Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
I agree. The new series just bombed. Just like he (Stuart Townsend) bombed the part for Lord of the Rings as Aragorn. He was replaced by Viggo Mortensen. Go figure. However, he (Stuart Townsend) did play a good part in The league of Extraordinary Gentlemen as Dorian Gray.

If there ever was a "new" series I hope the producers find someone as close as Darrin McGavin as possible and not be politically correct or adding non-causcasians because of equal rights crap.

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the Night Stalker! And I have all 20 episodes on DVD and VHS. I picked up the tapes many years ago, but the DVDs I got off eBay recently for reasonable $$ Bradyboy.

It was the 'Night Strangler' that took place partially underground, in Seattle Casull.

It was funny to me Gollum cause FX on the headless cyclist ep ("Chopper") was so terrible!!!

My fav ep is "The Ripper", and my second fav is "Horror in the Heights", the one with the Hindu demon called a 'Rakshasa'. It takes the form of 'Emily', the little elderly lady from Carl's office, so he has to shoot her/it with a crossbow......... creepy!

I found it interesting that Chris Carter credited The Night Stalker as his influence in creating The X-Files.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions