Excalibur,
WELCOME TO THE MUG SHOT, HEY, NOT FAIR, UR'S IS BIGGER THEN MIND, LOL

OP
OP
Klaatu

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I must confess that is not my MD. I saw it while inspecting a house in Alabama for Hurricane Katrina damages (I work as a FEMA Housing Inspector after disasters). I told the applicant that I HAD to have a pic of me with that HUGE coil (biggest I have seen). It was 24" in diameter if not larger. I'm not sure how good it is for depth but it would halve the time it takes to cruise through a park looking for surface treasures.

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You mean that's real? I figured it was Photoshopped! What's it used for? It would have to be something large like caches I guess.

OP
OP
Klaatu

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Yep. It was real. The guy that owned the MD did not know how to use it at all. I happen to own the same MD (White's XLT) so I offered to give him a quick lesson but his batteries died seconds into the lesson. I really wanted to see how that mammoth coil would perform.

Notice that coil has braces to support the additional weight cantilevered out there. I would expect your arm would get tired pretty quick swinging that thing around.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Klaatu said:
t was 24" in diameter if not larger. I'm not sure how good it is for depth

That's the 25" Magnum Force cache & relic coil. (There's also a 15".) Said to get 6-9' on large targets. All-metal mode only. Retails for about $300.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome To TreasureNet Mug Shots Klaatu .

Nice Coil !

JEFF

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing I really like about that coil is if it rains you can just get under it to stay dry.
I have a coil something like that but I use it as a kitchen table you can put the trash
can right under the hole in the center it works great.

Nice Pic

Kermit

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Klaatu!!

:)

F

freemoney

mft.jpg

Magnum Force Loops are designed by Jim Karbowski for use by Cache and Relic Hunters. Both the 15" and 25" loops are maximized for high sensitivity for larger, deeper targets and are extremely lightweight for their size. Both loops are designed for use on all White's Pro's, Eagle's, Quantums and Spectrums.

The 15" Magnum Force loop is best suited for finding targets in coffee can size or larger and will achieve depths up to 3 to 5 feet depending on the detector used and the size of the target. This loop is a favorite among Relic Hunters.

The Magnum Force 25" loop is the "Big Daddy" of the deep searching loops and is designed for the serious Treasure Hunter. Relic and Cache Hunters can achieve depths of 6 to 9 feet, again depending upon the detector used and the size of the target. Although the 15" Magnum Force Loop may be used in the discriminate mode, such as when relic hunting, large loops perform best in the "all metal" mode and achieve their best depths when searching for larger targets. The 25" loop should only be used in the "all metal" mode following the instructions enclosed with it. For ease of operation, a Sierra Arm Support System is included with the 25" loop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread