89.8 KB · Views: 3,362

Proolio

Sep 25, 2005
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome to the forum. yea snow and winter sucks for the hobby. well looking forward to seeing your finds.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TreasureNet

And the Mug Shots ladybug.

The COUNTDOWN on Spring has Begun.

We look forward to Hearing about your Finds.

JEFF

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Welcome to the forum...Its always nice to see other women on here...Hope you finds lots of treasure when that spring thaw comes.

OP
OP
ladybug332200

ladybug332200

Dec 27, 2005
rhode island
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
thanks everyone..i been saying its almost spring since november. i will be sure to post all my finds.

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
Welcome to the forum! It's great to see another Rhode Islander on board. We have so many good places to detect in Rhode Island. What did you get for a detector? Glenn

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum, Ladybug.? I know exactly how you feel.? I got my detector last Christmas and had to wait for the ground to thaw to use it.

Now is a good time for you to do research at your local library and historical society.? You will also learn so much on this forum, you'll feel like a pro in no time.? Look forward to seeing your finds.

OP
OP
ladybug332200

ladybug332200

Dec 27, 2005
rhode island
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Hi GlenRI,
I got it as a gift. I have always wanted to try detecting and now i will get a chance...i hope i get the "swing" of it. Yes there are alot of places in RI and i live right behind a highschool with a huge football field and baseball field....I will be sure to hit the library and do some research..thanks all.

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there Ladybug, and welcome to the forum! Good to see some more Rhode Islanders here. Our state sure does have a lot of great spots to hunt, and TONS of history. Good luck this spring, and if you don't want to wait until then, do what I do - hit the beaches and hunt the sand below the tide line. Tough to freeze that stuff, and the tide washes the snow right off. It's nice, soft, easy digging too, so if you can stand the colder weather, bundle up and hit the beach! Good luck, and HH (Happy Hunting)

Treasurekidd

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum

Kermit

OP
OP
ladybug332200

ladybug332200

Dec 27, 2005
rhode island
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
Thanks for the info on the beach treasurekidd..but i reallly dont like the cold..so i'll just sit back and wait for spring. I got a new job yesterday its going to give me weekends off..boy am i excited, i will have a regular life.

DANNYGEE

Oct 27, 2005
GREENLAWN, NY (LONG ISLAND)
Detector(s) used
2-6000 di pros
hey there lb
welcome
was wondering what detector you have.
make sure you read all the tech stuff so you know it
backwards and forwards.
this will help lots when you finally get out.
also to pass the time and whet your treasure hunting appetite why not
read a classic treasure book!
eg: treasure island, treasure hunter, etc.....
just some thoughts
dannygee

OP
OP
ladybug332200

ladybug332200

Dec 27, 2005
rhode island
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
hey dannygee...its a bounty hunter pioneer ex. im hoping it doesnt rain saturday i am off and may venture out for the first time...we'll see what the weather brings...thanks for the suggestions on reading a few books.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Ladybug!

Welcome to the forum, and most of all, welcome to metal detecting! I'm a neighbor, from Massachusetts, and between the two states, you and I have lots of tremendous sites to hunt. Anytime you're traveling, make a note of areas and the very old homes you see, like in Bristol, Warren, etc. Never be afraid to ask for permission- all they can say is no, and it's no different than if you never asked, but sometimes they say yes, and it's amazing what you find.
My partner & I got permission to hunt several very old homes in Assonet- lots of Colonial coppers and large cents from those yards!

Good luck and Happy Hunting!

Jeff in Mass

Diamond Spike

Jan 26, 2005
Alabama
Welcome to the forum and to the addiction that will last a life time. ;)

Look forward to your finds.

Good luck and HH {Happy Hunting}

Diamond Spike

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
welcome aboard ladybug! hope that ground thaws soon so we can see what you dig up!

OP
OP
ladybug332200

ladybug332200

Dec 27, 2005
rhode island
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
thanks everyone for the welcome...i did get out last weekend..posted on todays finds..LOL ...wasnt much but sure was a blast. i cant wait to get out again..hopefully tomorrow. i'll keep you all updated in todays finds. Happy hunting all :)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ladybug!

Nice to see ya! Look forward to seeing your finds!

;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread