New Member to this Forum.

OP
OP
Ray-King

Ray-King

Hiya Guys,
I'm planning or rather hoping to go to N California next year on a holiday if i can find enough money on the beaches here, but if i do get there, I'm gonna WEAR GLOVES.!!!! hehehehe Sorry guys.!!!
When i'm out there with my detector i do wave my hands under the coil just to see if it's still working and it sure gives off a nice signal too.!!!
Thanks for the replies everyone and hopefully, if i ever get over there and you start getting some funny signals then it's probably me flying over with all me BLING.!!! hehehe
All the best guys and gals and happy hunting.
Ray.
P.S.
Is the Ace 250 OK in Fresh water and river banks Etc.?? Thanks in Advance. :-)

OP
OP
Ray-King

Ray-King

Hey Sasquash,
You never told us you had your own line of Cosmetics.!!!!
hehehe
Hiya Bud,
Found this can of spray over here and just thought you'd like to see it.??
All the best to you and yours, and happy hunting too.
Ray.

Attachments

• Squash 01.JPG
    Squash 01.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 487

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
the ace 250 should do just fine in riverbeds and fresh water beaches........even in the water. just dont get the control box wet. the coil is waterproof though.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Ray King!

Good luck on your finds and look forward to seeing those great pictures!

Nana ;)

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Welcome to the forum Ray! After a while ya learn to never throw anything away till ya know for sure. ;) So you might want to save a little extra for the overweight luggage on the way back. ;D HH!

OP
OP
Ray-King

Ray-King

Hiya all,
Nana, i love that Avatar, it's great.!!! Mine is supposed to move too but it don't. :-(
And to Stoney,
Yes i did learn a hard lesson and i WON'T be throwing anything away THIS TIME ROUND.!!! hehehe But at least I Learnt.!!! which is what counts eh.??
I have posted my very first Finds photos too on here so if anyone would like to take a look, then go for it.
All the very best to you all and Happy hunting too.
Ray.
P.S.
Thanks to EVERYONE on here,..... You are ALL really nice people.!!!!

OP
OP
Ray-King

Ray-King

Hiya Guys and Gals,
This maybe a silly question but i keep hearing the words " CLAD COINS " and as i'm new to this thing,
Maybe some really nice person could explain it for me.???
I think it refers to Modern day coins but i'm not too sure.
Thanks in advance for any help with this question.
All the very best to you all and Happy Hunting too.
Ray.

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Clad refers to modern U.S. coins that are layered - usually nickel over copper. Looking at the edge of the coins (dimes, quarters, half dollars, etc.) you can see the layers.

Marc

Attachments

• clad.jpg
    clad.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 443
S

SASQUASH

Hay ray that is a cool can I wunder what it smells like or do I . Hay if you come to So. Cal. you are more then welcome to go T.Hing with me. I rember one thing I thru back I found out later it was a Meteorite. SAS<><

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
On a photo I and my nephew for new year 2006

Attachments

• Rotation of IMG_2197.jpg
    Rotation of IMG_2197.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 430
OP
OP
Ray-King

Ray-King

Hiya ALL,
Thanks for all the replies and Thanks to Marc for explaining the " CLAD " question for me too. I am NOW better educated for sure.!!! hehehe
SASQUASH, I am HOPING to come over to Cali next year and IF I get the oppertunity, I'd love to go treasure hunting with ya.!!! Thanks for the offer.
Have posted some MORE finds from the same beach today. So if you lot get the chance, Please take a look.
All the very best to you ALL and Happy hunting.
Ray.

A

Angela (Australia)

Welcome to the forum Ray.
Now if you happen to ever lose any of those rings, let me know, and I'll just come over with my detector!!!
Cheers Angela :) :)

OP
OP
Ray-King

Ray-King

Angela (Australia) said:
Welcome to the forum Ray.
Now if you happen to ever lose any of those rings, let me know, and I'll just come over with my detector!!!
Cheers Angela :) :)

Hiya Angela,
Hopefully there won't be much chance of loosing my rings as i can hardly get them off normally, but after i've been to the beach hunting, i ALWAYS check my hands to see if they are all there, SORRY.!! hehehe but you are still welcome to come over and try the beaches over here, Most of them are virgin beaches as there are very few MDists on this Island.
All the very best to you and Happy hunting too.
Ray.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread