New Member to this Forum.

Ray-King

Hiya Everybody,
This is my very first posting on this Forum, so if it don't work, you won't be able to read it.!!!
My name is Ray, and i'm a singer and entertainer on the lovley little tropical Island of Tenerife, which is part of the Canary Islands & under Spanish Rule. It's just off the Coast of Morroco, next to North Africa, for anyone who isn't up on Geography.
I have lived here for 6 years after moving from the U.K.
I've been very interested in Metal detecting since i was about 7 or 8 years old.
I have Today, ( 6th Feb 06 ) Just received my very first ever Metal Detector after a 30 year wait to get one, and i'm over the moon about it too.!!! It's a Garrett Ace 250. Thought i'd start off with something simple-ish to get going with.
When i was about 18, i did manage to borrow an old Fisher MD from a friend for a week, so i've had a little experience with one.
After looking at the internet on forums like this and elsewhere on the Net, ( that was unavailable back then ) I came across a picture that rang alarm bells.!!! when i had borrowed my friends MD back then, i had found what i thought to be a rusty old chain link with a pin going across it. I quickly threw it away and carried on searching. Nearly 20 years later, i realised that i had thrown away a Medevil Annular Ring brooch which was in fact in fairly good condition.!!! unknown to me at that time.
So now, i have learnt at least one hard lesson, but MAN was i Gutted.!!!!
Anyway, just thought i'd introduce myself to you all in this forum and hopefully will become a fairly regular sight on here. As long as you can all handle the photo of course.??? hehehe
I'm also looking for New friends too, from ANYWHERE in the world.
Am hoping to go on a MD holiday in California maybe next year to hopefully find a Nugget or two, but will have to save hard for that one.
Anyway, i've babbled on for a while now so i'll shut up and let you get on reading something interesting. But hopefully i'll be back soon to let you know of my first finds with photos too. ( Coz that's my other hobby, photography. )
So, Take care all, good luck and happy hunting too.
All the best to everyone,
Ray.? ::)

Attachments

• Ray King small.jpg
    Ray King small.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 825

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Ray, welcome to the forum.? Congrats on getting back into the hobby (...disease, whatever you want to call it)!

HH!
TBGO

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden
Welcome and Best luck.Let us know how the 250 works out as I,m planning on buying one myself.I think you made a good choice in joining treasurenet,there are a lot of members to answer questions,many years of combined knowledge in one site.
happy hunting,mont

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Mug Shots

And TreasureNet Ray.

Good to have you with us.

JEFF

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby. I like telliing people that metal detecting is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

The Garrett Ace 250 is a good detector. It will not be stable near the wet sand on a shore however but will work fine in the rest of the island.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome and happy hunting. Maybe you'll find a Spanish treasure over there. What is the primary language over there? Here in the States it's English but slowly turning to Spanish and ebonics. Seems funny to see the names "Ray" and "King" together. We have the James Earl Ray and Martin Luther King thing going on here. It's like "Booth" and "Lincoln"

OP
OP
Ray-King

Ray-King

Thanks to everyone who made me feel so welcome on this new site ( for me anyway ) Nice to have new friends round the world with similar interests.
Will post my finds as soon as i make some.!!!
all the best to you all and happy hunting.
Ray.

F

FredMaxwell

You a parrothead are ya?
Phinz up? ;D

Attachments

• fredsshirts.jpg
    fredsshirts.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 686
OP
OP
Ray-King

Ray-King

Hiya Fred,
Not too sure what a Parrothead is or what Phinz up means.???
I am Brithish ( But don't hold that aginst me ) hehehe. I now live in the Canary Islands or are you getting Canaries and Parrots mixed up.??? ha ha
We do have a Place over here called LORO PARQUE with is a wildlife park specializing in the breeding of rare Parrots. Maybe that's the link.???
By the way, i love the shirts and ties photos, but you have a long way to go to catch me up.
The one you see in my Mugshot is just one of nearly 60 i have and wear for work. But don't worry, i don't wear them for going out in.!!!
Bye for now, and all the best,
Ray.

F

FredMaxwell

Mr. King.. I have about 30 shirts? ;D
TWO infamous ISLAND GIRL SHIRTS I use to be so well known for

? ? Parrotheads are Jimmy Buffett fans.. I use to love to relax and listen to his music and get so loaded I'd have a good time old style whiskey attack type of experience for a solid two years.. it was incredible I stayed so drunk I would even have a drink when I woke up to take a squirt during whenever I slept

24/7? ?just loud music and rum or vodka? ? ?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? I sure do miss them days them was the days back in them days
And I can not even remember whoever I was trying to not remember now
I only own 2 pairs of pants and 2 pairs of shorts since as you might already know you don't need either on the beach? ;D

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
welcome to the forum. that ace was a fine choice.you should be very happy with it. as was already mentioned, its just not good in the salt water or saturated salty sand. dry sand it will be great.

OP
OP
Ray-King

Ray-King

Hiya everyone,
Thanks for all the info on the WET SALT sand I have jus tried it out to see what it does or doesn't do and i made my VERY FIRST finds.
3 very flat and squished bits of LEAD and the INFAMOUS RING PULL.!!! But at least i got an idea of what it sounds like when it falses.
Will be trying the DRY sand as soon as possible and if i get anything good, i'll let ya all know.
Thanks again for all the replies. :-)
Ray.
Happy Hunting y'all
P.S.
Did anyone else have a really Aching arm on thier very first hunt.??? or do i need to get in shape.???
P.P.S.
Is the Ace 250 any good in Fresh water streams or river banks etc.??

A

ARCOMANDPURPLE

HI, RAY
WELCOME TO THE FORUM...! SMALL WORLD , BACK IN THE LATE 50'S I USED TO LIVE IN
DAKAR,SENEGAL AND WE TOOK OUR VACATIONS IN LAS PALMAS. IN FACT WE OWNED A
HOUSE THERE. USED TO LOVE THE PLACE BUT HAVE NOT BEEN BACK SINCE 1964.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU. ARCOMANDPURPLE

S

SASQUASH

Hay ray I hope you come to the US some time to the beach & please wear that bling bling Ha Ha. Welcome to T.Hing. SAS<><

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the rings and bling may be the falsing :o ,hahah ,way to go RAY ....im with sas on that ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread