Peter Gill and Wife

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
pgill said:
Thanks guys and Gals,,,,

Unfortunately Pauline does not detect with me as we have the one detector..... But she does support me with detecting, and always looks at my finds even when they are just junk ::) She is very happy for me to detect as it is a exercise..... I am not allowed to do any normal exercise because of my heart..... At this time my heart goes up and down all the time, sometimes reaching 239 bps..... they say I am running the marathon everyday (no medals yet) ;D They say that even extreme sports people cannot get their heart rate like mine...... I am waiting on an operation which if all goes well will be in January / February next year to sort the problem out. I have had 4 operations so far which have all failed for different reasons.... I was even dead for a bit,,,,, but they used those paddle things on me and managed to get me back...... They cannot get rid of me so quick ;) My problem is not the physical heart, but the electrics of the heart, that is why my rate can go so high.... in effect I have 3 natural pacemakers in my body instead of two and some extra nerves feeding extra pulses..... These they have to burn off in the operation.... I have been waiting on a special machine from the good old USA to sort this problem out.... I guess the machine is here now :o

Why am I telling you all this to make you all depressed? cheer up, I am still having a great life, just must take it very easy ;D if you look at me you would never know.

God bless
Peter

Good luck to you Pete, I really mean that. Make sure that Pauline gets on and lets us know how your doing after the surgery!
I'm praying for a fast and healthy recovery for you!

OP
OP
pgill

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks cryptodave, I really appreciate that very much..... To me prayer is everything, in fact that is what has kept me going all this time..... I have sat with this problem for around 4 years now.

God bless
Peter

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
damn peter, sorry to hear about your ticker. my father has heart problems and it can be very scary. all the best with the operation, and know that there are many of us here that are pulling for you. ;)

OP
OP
pgill

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks hollowpointred, I know there are many people out there for me ;D the funny thing about my problem is that I can go for a Month or two without feeling anything, then it just knocks you silly.... But hey there are people who are worse off than me, I am still very blessed indeed.

God bless
Peter

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
pgill said:
Thanks guys and Gals,,,,

Unfortunately Pauline does not detect with me as we have the one detector..... But she does support me with detecting, and always looks at my finds even when they are just junk ::) She is very happy for me to detect as it is a exercise..... I am not allowed to do any normal exercise because of my heart..... At this time my heart goes up and down all the time, sometimes reaching 239 bps..... they say I am running the marathon everyday (no medals yet) ;D They say that even extreme sports people cannot get their heart rate like mine...... I am waiting on an operation which if all goes well will be in January / February next year to sort the problem out. I have had 4 operations so far which have all failed for different reasons.... I was even dead for a bit,,,,, but they used those paddle things on me and managed to get me back...... They cannot get rid of me so quick ;) My problem is not the physical heart, but the electrics of the heart, that is why my rate can go so high.... in effect I have 3 natural pacemakers in my body instead of two and some extra nerves feeding extra pulses..... These they have to burn off in the operation.... I have been waiting on a special machine from the good old USA to sort this problem out.... I guess the machine is here now :o

Why am I telling you all this to make you all depressed? cheer up, I am still having a great life, just must take it very easy ;D if you look at me you would never know.

God bless
Peter

Wishing you the very best Peter...I had a massive coronary and didn't even know it. When it finally came to light that I had actually had the big one, I found out that 25% of my heart is dead....The part that carries that electrical current you have too much of. They honestly have no idea why I am living and able to do the things I do, yet here I am doing it. I guess I have some purpose on this earth afterall!
Please let us know when you are about to have your surgery....Never hurts to say a word to the man upstairs and you can bet I will on your behalf!

~Nashoba~

OP
OP
pgill

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nashoba I really appreciate your prayers..... I guess in a way you know what I am going through seeing as you have also gone through similar..... Out of breath, memory failure, always tired, aches and pains in the legs and arms and chest etc etc..... But through all of this I serve a great God who is looking after me, and I have a great bunch of friends on Tnet ;D I dont think people on Tnet understand exactly what they mean to us......

May God bless you and all on Tnet.

God bless
Peter

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
hey, Peter

I hope and prey they can get that pacemaker in there ASAP.
The technology has gone so far, they even have an onboard defib so you dont need the paddles.

OP
OP
pgill

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wetgreenie,

Thanks for the reply...... I dont need a pacemaker..... I already have 3 when I should only have 2... they need to remove 1 from me :-)

God bless
Peter

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
pgill said:
Nashoba I really appreciate your prayers..... I guess in a way you know what I am going through seeing as you have also gone through similar..... Out of breath, memory failure, always tired, aches and pains in the legs and arms and chest etc etc..... But through all of this I serve a great God who is looking after me, and I have a great bunch of friends on Tnet ;D I dont think people on Tnet understand exactly what they mean to us......

May God bless you and all on Tnet.

God bless
Peter
I will count that as a prayer request, brother. Thank you for sharing your faith.
Grace to you, and HH!
Bob

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Very nice mug's. I enjoy all the nice words you have to say. I have enjoyed your interest and questions in the Artifact forum and have learned myself from your questions. The reason you are still here is your heart is huge and filled with kindness for all (you too Nashoba). I will keep you in my prayers. Keep the faith my friend!

OP
OP
pgill

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys and of course Gals ::)

I appreciate all the wonderful comments and trust and pray that I can carry on doing what I love,,,,,, Metal detecting and talking to you all....

God bless
Peter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread