Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everybody! I'm Monty. I use to be jimmileo but Monty fits me better. I know my (our) info sheet doesn't tell much about us so I thought I'd fill in some blanks.
I am a guy just turned 62 yoa and my wife Kay and I have been married 35 years. I have 3 adult children, 2 boys and the baby my daughter. I have 5 grandkids, all girls! I retired from police work in 1988 and then served 10 years as Manager of the Code Enforcement Department with the City of Tulsa. I have now retired from both and spend my days MDing or doing honey dos for Kay.
I have been MDing for not quite two years and although I haven't found real treasure, I have found a few interesting things that is treasure to me. Somehow I have wound up owning 5 metal detectors and I can only use one at a time no matter how hard I try. I don't take anything too seriously and pride myself on my warped sense of humor.
My home is located just west of Tulsa, Oklahoma in the small town of Sand Springs. The springs still exist and in the early days it was a stopover for cattle drives and travelers heading west through Indian Territory. Unfortunately they built an expressway right on top of the springs and the water gushes from under the roadway and is so poluted it is no longer potable. They call that progress?
I have been a regular on the Tnet for just about as long as I have been MDing. I have a vivid imagination and like to write and I am working on a book of short stories if I ever get organized enough to get it in print. I have written a couple of things on the Tnet based on true stories told to me by my grandfather and mother who lived near a very small town west of here that is now under Lake Keystone. I live within easy driving distance of 5 very large manmade reservoirs and planned to do some water hunting this summer but have been curtailed because of some health problems that I think is now under control.
That about sums it up and I would like to get to know some of you better also. PM me and I will be glad to visit or exchange lies er...uh...stories anytime. Monty (Jim)

WV_Detecting

Oct 24, 2005
WV
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
thanks Monty, nice to get a little behind the scenes info on the regulars.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So you are one of those people who are always changing their identities. (Just kidding).
I already knew that anyway.
Always enjoy reading your posts.
HH.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Monty, you mean you can read and write! :o lol!

opps...I just remembered: "Please be respectful, courteous, and non confrontational."

Ah ya, you're a great guy! ::)

I always did like you. But then I like George W.

Seriously, you have always been one of my favorites on here. And this is unusual because usually I like those best whom I know hate my guts. See, I'm a business man (CEO) and I get real uneasy if people like me (the corp. board knows this all too well).

Hang in there and I hope you get lots of nice people to come to this section. I won't be coming here much for that reason.

Monty rocks!!!! 8)

Badger

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Nice to here about you Monty! Maybe sometime you could post a few short stories, i would love to read them. HH!

-CC

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Monty since we can't seem to hook up to go Md'n may be we can shoot the breeze here. Don't lose that great humor you have. You forgot to tell people about the great chili and fries place in Sand Springs. ;D ;D BTW Monty tell every one about the museum painting that was lost. That was great! Take care. Burdie

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
one of the nicest guys on here without a doubt. the place just wouldnt be the same without you. ;)

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
Monty,
Nice to have it all put in one place like this. I've enjoyed your tales as long as I've been on here, which is about the same length of time as you. You've got me on the detectors, I have only four! Keep writing, keep hunting, and KEEP TAKING CARE OF YOURSELF!
grizzly bare

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Thanks for telling Us about yourself. Always enjoy your informative and well written posts.
I haven't been on this Forum posting for very long but you've always made Me feel welcome!!
Thanks-- Tim

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Monty, thanks for the intro.... Now we know for sure that you are a great guy ::)

God bless
Peter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread