dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like this should be an interesting thread. I'm 66. Sometimes years old and then again on some days years young.
Started MD about 1955 with a friend of my fathers two box unit... All I remember is it was painted red and heavy as a lead weight. Never found anything but always remembered the adventure. Got the bug again about 1980. Went all out and bought a Whites 6000 DI Pro.. Actually paid for it over a period of time with what I found. Was a radio and television news man and personality for about 20 years. Was always interested in antiques and history so I quit the glamour job..(Its really not what its pictured to be) Became a national antique dealer and have traveled all over the United States with my wife of 37 years as my business partner for the past almost 30 years.Doing the big upper level shows, not flea markets..Even have a few friends who are regulars on the Antique Road Show..... Learned a lot about history and antiques.. Semi retired doing about 5 shows a year now. Have posted some of my past finds on TN and enjoy lurking on it when I can. I am the Director and Curator of the Louisiana History Museum and will be until I become history, so to speak..I invite you to view my web site at louisianahistorymuseum.org....if you get a chance to.. I still hunt and would like to find those who do so around my home town. Just bought a Garrett Ace 250 with the big coil and am now using my White's 6000 DI Pro as back up. Fantastic the progress electronics have made in the past 20 years..Have four children, none of whom are interested in Antiques or MD..I keep telling them they don't know what they are missing.. I like to coin hunt, relic hunt and am always searching for new unhunted areas..They are still out there gang! Happy Hunting!!!
DG ;D

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Thanks for the intro- you've been doing this alot longer Me!!
I've always liked old (antique) anything from the time i was very young.
Casual collector of many things too- -so this hobby fits right in!!
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread