WHO am I? Who AM I? Who am I?!

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
I'm a big fan of the movie "The Breakfast Club"! ;D ;D
I'm a father of three kiddos. Two are married and out of the nest. My 10 yo boy is still at home. I'm divorced and raising my little boy by myself. My daughter is expecting my first grandchild and I'm REALLY excited about that. I spent a fair portion of the 80's in the Army (under Renaldus Magnus). Got hurt and was given a disability. I spent the late 80's to 95 in corrections and law enforcement. Got hurt and took an early out there too (see a pattern here?!?!). ::)
I now quote, sell, plan, and project manage the installation of commercial fire alarm systems. It gets me by and keeps us in our home and pays the bills (a home that I bought before divorce with 2 incomes). My kids are everything to me so I do what I have to for them. I began detecting with my Dad in 1972. It has been off and on since then. I have been really heavy back into it for the last 5 years.
I also do most of the "guy things". I hunt and fish. I am once again into model rocketry with my little boy. I did this with my father back in the early 70's, and with my oldest son in the mid 90's. I have a great dobsonian telescope and do some astronomy with the kids. I minored in astronomy in college.
I am blessed to have some great friends! Dave and Vicky who post here, my buddy Don who is not online much are awesome friends and I am lucky to have met such good people. The folks that I have met online are great and it is so much fun to share experiences and finds with them! I can't wait for Rob's next post from the Shark Pit, or Monty's next witty post.
Thanks to everyone for the great online experience!

Rich

backitup83

Jan 24, 2006
Chesapeake Virginia
Detector(s) used
(XLT-x 2 ) )(BH Sharp Shooter 2) (Coinmaster 4000/D series2)(Coinmaster 2/DB series 2)(Discovery 2)(Discovery 1000)
Who did you say you were again? Texans always seems to talk to much. Just kidding.
Wouldn't it be great to get a detector around the Alamo.
I grew up in Texas, born in Paris Texas. Lived in Waco, Austin, Leander, and Evadale which is in east Texas.
I live in Chesapeake va now, I retired here from the navy in 93.
Texas is full of history, and great places to hunt. I wish I knew Va like I know Texas. Oh well Va has a rich History also, I just have to do a little more research to find them.
I use to work for ADT the security company, I never installed a fire system, I maintained them and went on trouble calls. Do you work for yourself or a company?
Mike

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Rich. I've been reading your posts for a long time. It's good to finally "meet" you.

Ahhhh, yes, I remember the model rocket days. Lots of fun, especially trying to find them after a launch. ::)

OP
OP
Rich in Texas

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
Actually I've only lost one so far this time in the hobby. My little boy has 4 rockets and I have two right now. One is a Level 1 High Power, and the other is a medium power that will go 4k high and goes supersonic. I think I enjoy it at least as much as the kiddo! ;D ;D

Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread