another newbie.

xpepsix

Greenie
Sep 3, 2006
hello everyone my name is chris and i just got my first detector for my birthday in july. it is a bounty hunter pioneer 202 intermediate. is this a pretty good one or is it a starters one ?. i have used it on the local beach and found some coinage ( nothing old ) and also at the local sports complex and have found quite a bit more coinage.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum!

HH
-GC

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt
welcom to the wonderfull world of MDing i started off with a bounty hunter pionere and found some good stuff ...im sure u will also HH

jalyia

Aug 22, 2006
Hi Chris,

I'm a newbie too, I'm in San Jose and I'm looking for someone near me with some experience to help teach me the tools of the trade. I found a really cool historical spot near me that I want to MD but I don't know enough of what to do to get the most out of it. Is there anyone near me that wants to go there with me and teach me what to do?? thanks

pizzaman55792

Jun 16, 2006
Northern Minnesota
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter pioneer 202, ace 250
xpepsix,
Ive had my 202 since may, I hope you have as much fun with yours as i have had with mine. Keep digging that jewelry and older coins are out there just waiting to be found.
good luck and have fun.

OP
OP
X

xpepsix

Greenie
Sep 3, 2006
thanks, i have been getting out alot lately and have found about 10-12 dollars in change so far as well as a hose nozzle and a couple of small toy tractors in my own yard.

OP
OP
X

xpepsix

Greenie
Sep 3, 2006
oh and by the way i currently live just outside of buffalo, ny and about 2 minutes from the home of the buffalo bills. i have done a little research on places to hunt here for some good stuff. if anyone out there has some tips for me if you are at all familiar with the area i would greatly appreciate it. my son and i went to an organized dig at a local dump where they had about 20-30 dump truck loads dug up from the bottom of the erie canal but by the time we arrived it was pretty well gone through. but alot of real nice finds did come out of there which they took from people on the way out because they are opening a museum from what i understand.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris, welcome to the forum and hobby. I am not a newbie, but an old timer. Your detector will find it and as you gain experience you can always move up. Just take your trash with you and try not to make a mess of any grass. Good Luck.

HH,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions