Hello from delhomme17

Gold Seeker

Aug 17, 2006
Omaha, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
MXT
Hello everyone! Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I'm new to metal detecting, but I've had the gold bug since I was little. I decided to dive into MDing headfirst to give me a chance to get outside with the kids -- they need to see something more than the idiot box and video games. I bit the bullet and snagged a MXT -- now I just have to get out there and use it! Since I am so new, where does everyone go to do this? If it's parks, do I need to get permission? Private land, I know to get permission.

So, if anyone from Omaha is looking for a rookie MD partner, just let me know! I can't wait to finally start posting some pics here! Best of luck to everyone!!

Matt

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi delhomme - parks and schools are a good place to start...sports fields too. You'll have to do some research to find the old stuff. Check the local parks department on the web for the rules.

HH!
TBGO

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby and forum. Hunt about anywhere there is ground. Ask your neighbors for permission to detect their yards too. Garrett has a great book on where to detect called, "Successful Coin Hunting," by Charles Garrett.

HH,
Sandman

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome

Your own back yard for starters.. Practice on your lawn. when you make your hole make it so you pull up a plug and not just a inch of grass and dirt
or it looks too messy. Always make it look neat and respectful then people will allow you to come back..

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, Del, how's the detecting going? We've talked a few times in the chatroom...so I feel like we're old friends! ;)

Good luck with that MXT. You'll do great with it, I'm sure. :)

Heavy Chevy

Jun 18, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and others
Hi Matt,

Hope the MXT works great for you.
And some of the leads i sent you.

Take Care,

Mike in SC

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiya Matt,

Enjoyed the chats with you. Start with your backyard...check out kiddie parks, regular parks, swimming holes, schools, old farm sites, sidewalk tear ups, to name a few. BTW, check those corn fields too. Looking forward to your posts/finds/pics.

HH ;)

RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread