Greenie
Sep 11, 2006
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, X-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all,
I have been collecting money since I was a child. When I graduated last year from college, my family gave me a metal detector (Bounty Hunter 202) as a gift because I ONLY collect what I find. I never buy coins. So, they thought I would enjoy "hunting"!
It took me a couple of months to "bond" with it, but I eventually got the kinks worked out. Now I am hooked. (why didn't I get one sooner) ??? :-\
I live on the east coast of Florida. (Yes, home of the Space program/Shuttle). Now, I want to get into the water. LOL ;)
There are alot of guys on the beaches here. I have met two of them that are very nice. The rest are rude. This forum seems like a nice place to meet others that spend their free time as I do... "fishing" :)
Have a great day,
Amy

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Hello Amy, welcome to Tnet. glad to have you on board, post pics of your finds when you can.
Too bad about the Rude ones, but here its mostly Knowledgable and friendly people.
Hope you enjoy the hobby- -HH

OP
OP
S

sandwalker

Greenie
Sep 11, 2006
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the warm welcome.
There is so much information here. I have been reading older posts and getting familiar with the site.
Thank you again for accepting me in. :D

Amy

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiya Amy,

Welcome to TNet...glad to have you here with us.

;) RR

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi Amy. You live in a great spot to find jewelry....the beach.....and other goodies. I'm jealous of you!! ::)

You came to the right place to learn everything you wanted to know about metal detecting....but was afraid to ask. ;)

OP
OP
S

sandwalker

Greenie
Sep 11, 2006
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello again... :)
I wake every morning (even in bad weather) feeling blessed that I live in paradise.

The beaches here have gone through alot of changes in the last 3 years with all the storms. The storms washed the old sand away and the cities, towns, and beach-front home owners replaced it with sand from 'God-knows' where. I heard one person say that the public beaches were replenished by sand dredged from the ocean several yards off shore. If that is true, what was sucked up with the sand? treasure? If so, I haven't found anything "old". LOL I wasn't MD'ing at that time. I have only been "fishing" for 9 months.

I tried to post pics of my finds, but the uploading-posting on this sight has me very confused. (still looking for 'maps' on how to post pics) ??? :D

SandWalker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread