New Old Guy

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Hey Everybody, They call me papa,I've been detecting off and on for several years,really enjoy it.I'm just out side Galax,Va. Hope to meet a lot of new people,learn some new stuff.Would like to team up with some one and go detecting,drink a lot of coffee and see who can tell the biggest tale. I'm from Wythe County,we bought a place here some years ago.Anybody close by? Give me a yell.
Ya'll Come
papa

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
welcome aboard papa! hope to see some of your finds soon!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi & welcome, Papa!!

;) RR

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Thanks for the kind words,only been on here a few hours and have received several messages.I'm impressed ! More than I can say about some other sites.

Good Hunting !!
papa

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
papa said:
Hey Everybody, They call me papa,I've been detecting off and on for several years,really enjoy it.I'm just out side Galax,Va. Hope to meet a lot of new people,learn some new stuff.Would like to team up with some one and go detecting,drink a lot of coffee and see who can tell the biggest tale. I'm from Wythe County,we bought a place here some years ago.Anybody close by? Give me a yell.
Ya'll Come
papa

Hey Papa,

Welcome to the "TreasureNet"! 8)

me don't get to VA too often, in fact rarely, I'm a FL person, living in MO, planning a perm move to FL one of these days! :o

My mind set is that old people drink coffee, like me dad! :D, but me will down a diet coke sittin next to one sippin coffee! :o, however, I ain't a teen, all me knows is that me was born in 55, it's preception, one is as young as one thinks they are! :o I'd bet me clad that ye are really younger than ye think ye are! :o

Hope to see some of your finds posted....... :o

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Welcome aboard Papa.

This is by far the best treasure hunting/metal detecting site on the web. There are a few people here that hunt at Virginia Beach, I hope that is close to you. We look forward to seeing your finds. Glad to have you with us.

RON(PA)

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
hey papa!
some of here are from Virginia, actually a fairly large group around the Harrisonburg area (Staunton to Warrenton). Awhile back we had a guy from Tazwell County with the name of...Tazcodetector. Haven't heard from him in a while. Just stick around and some of the fine folks will help you with anything you need. BE CAREFUL!! SOME GET VERY LONG WINDED!!

grizzly bare
Jim Johnson

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Papa, I am a bit far from you... but would love to see some of your finds ;D

God bless
Peter

OP
OP
papa

papa

Sep 21, 2006
Thanks DM,I LOVE TO HUNT RELICS !! I've haven't been MD for awhile,but trying to get back into it. Had a place all picked out to go today,and don't you know, about the time I got out the door,it started to rain.(Grumble -- grumble) But maybe tomorrow ?

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
papa said:
Thanks DM,I LOVE TO HUNT RELICS !! I've haven't been MD for awhile,but trying to get back into it. Had a place all picked out to go today,and don't you know, about the time I got out the door,it started to rain.(Grumble -- grumble) But maybe tomorrow ?

Awwww.....just bag your detector up and go, Papa. ;)

Welcome to TreasureNet. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your finds. :)

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Hey papa, nice to see ya...........oops..........I mean welcome, hope the see your "mug" here eventually........ ;D

GL & HH,

DugHoles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread