MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

My name is Colleen and I just wanted to introduce myself and say how much fun I've had on Treasurenet. I've learned so much already and want to thank everyone for their willingness to help the "newbies"

This is the only pic I can upload from my computer but I will try to get a more recent pic. This one is what I call "Before Kids"...:)

My main interests in Ref: to Treasurenet is: Everything! Really though, I'm an Avid Paleo-Indian Stone Tool Hunter. Mostly because of the History and availability of the Finds here in South Eastern Michigan. (Also Gold and Diamond Hunting)

My background is in Geology since my father is a Geophysicist. I've pretty much learned Geology by Osmosis due to my upbringing. My father insisted that we all learned the geology of Land formations, rock I.D.'s, Plate Tectonics, Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Oceanography, etc! I was always recruited to help color the many Magnetic Maps due for publications etc. A typical vacation for the family would consist of studing the Tertiary levels of the Grand Canyon! Really Dad!? Can't we just look at it and enjoy it like "Normal people"? That was usually my typical response...:) Of course I'm glad for the education now.

My family has lived in very "Treasure Rich" areas of the country, (The Mojave Desert, The Treasure Coast of Florida) however it was never encouraged to seek out the "treasures". The "Treasure", according to my Dad, was always the "Big Picture"...the formations of the Earth, The "Whys and Hows"....But now as I research my areas of interest, he and I have lots of fun talking about all my "Cool" Finds.

Anyway, I look forward to the many new friends here and am glad to be a part of the Treasurenet community...

Warm Regards, Colleen

1830 Family Farm...100 acres..Aerial Pics...http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.156943737671639.38158.100000680405132&type=3&l=e3d8ab095c

Attachments

• model.jpg
    model.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 2,560
Last edited:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very pretty mug. You have the look of a 40's movie star.
I'm not much into geology but I like shale-like formations to look for fossils in. I don't do a lot of that either but it's as close to geology as I get. :)
Welcome to mugs and happy hunting.

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the Welcome Packerbacker and Old Digger! I'm having fun on TNet and learning alot. I should make it clear that I'm Not a Geologist, just been around it so much that it makes it easier for me to try and figure out where some of my future finds might be. Much of my time was devoted to researching the numerous Glaciers to try and figure out how Diamonds and Gold would have been dragged down through the Midwest from Canada and at what Depths the Glacial Till is in various known Diamond Find sites...stuff like that.

That Black and White Photo here gives it a 40's look...I'm glad to say though, that its only 20+ years ago..Haha (Which is Way Back for me)...:) I have 3 Kids between 20 and 24yrs old...off in College and jobs of their own now. Boy, where does the time go? Their Dad passed away when they were all under 5 years old so having them all grown up and gone now is very strange for me. I'm glad to have this time to search for treasures as it gives me some exciting things to do...kinda fills a void right now and its always something I've wanted to do but never had the time or concentration. Well thanks for reading and the nice compliments! I'll post some of my finds when I can upload pics faster and I'm sure I'll ask a Ton of questions!...Colleen

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Treasure Net! That's a beautiful picture. Looking forward to seeing your finds.

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Tngirl, Thanks and I hope to post some finds next week. Good call on the depression glass post. Looks like you know your antiques...:)

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy hunting Colleen!

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi S.C.Shooter, I'm planning to buy a decent MD soon...We have a 100 acre Family Farm here in S.E. MI, from 1830 that has never been detected. I don't think the old farmers ever really had much money but seems like they'd have lost a few old small coins at least...so thats on my list. Last week I did find an old small frying pan in the back creek! My Mom said that "Hobo's" may have camped here and a railroad does cut through our farm...so I'm lookin"...Colleen

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Tngirl, Thanks and I hope to post some finds next week. Good call on the depression glass post. Looks like you know your antiques...:)

Thanks, I do love old stuff. But I really like the old flint glass (pre-civil war). Too bad it's hard to find! Look forward to seeing your posts.

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the nice compliment Insidesource! I still have a good forty acres to walk. Lots of poison ivy around the creek so I probably won't go down there for awhile. I left some good sized rocks down there that I couldn't pack out.

I've been closely searching Google Earth on every foot of the farm...looking for "donut rings" etc..they show up as old campsites mostly along the creek areas. Trying to concentrate my search areas. What I have found are some prominent white "rock'? Squares connected in rows of 4 and 5...strange alignments show up on Google. Checked other Farms too and there are some very good "Donuts" along the major river here. Thanks for looking...Colleen

pumice

Dec 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Colleen,

Great pic.......best of luck in your "treasure" hunting....look forward to seeing your finds.....:thumbsup:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Neighbor!
Welcome to tnet Colleen.
Nice pictures and story. Hope to hear and see more from your adventures.
Jon

Last edited:

chatmangreer

Mar 4, 2012
Greer, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OUCH! I just poked myself in the eye trying to hurry up and get my glasses on.

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi and Thanks! for the welcome. Pumice and Teleprospector...I'm working on some uploads...soon I hope. and Yes, we're neighbors...:) Not far from the D. I lived in several of the suburbs...now more in the "country".

bcinbucks...Thanks and love your area of PA...I lived in Lancaster for 3 years and really liked it there and made lots of friends. Such nice people!

chatmangreer...Too Funny! Thanks for the laugh...:)

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello and welcome thats a sweet looking spot there definitley would love to swing the detector around there :hello:

M

MiniMe

Wow...nice to meet you. My name is "Colleen" too. Don't hear the name to often. Welcome!

OP
OP
M

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, No Way! Nice to meet another Colleen!..What are the odds?..Haha Thanks for looking/posting...:)

Happy Hunting...Colleen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread