Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My Modeling Days...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    What will it effect, when all is done?

Nov 2011
    meicigama
    51 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

My Modeling Days...

Hi Everyone,

My name is Colleen and I just wanted to introduce myself and say how much fun I've had on Treasurenet. I've learned so much already and want to thank everyone for their willingness to help the "newbies"

This is the only pic I can upload from my computer but I will try to get a more recent pic. This one is what I call "Before Kids"...

My main interests in Ref: to Treasurenet is: Everything! Really though, I'm an Avid Paleo-Indian Stone Tool Hunter. Mostly because of the History and availability of the Finds here in South Eastern Michigan. (Also Gold and Diamond Hunting)

My background is in Geology since my father is a Geophysicist. I've pretty much learned Geology by Osmosis due to my upbringing. My father insisted that we all learned the geology of Land formations, rock I.D.'s, Plate Tectonics, Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Oceanography, etc! I was always recruited to help color the many Magnetic Maps due for publications etc. A typical vacation for the family would consist of studing the Tertiary levels of the Grand Canyon! Really Dad!? Can't we just look at it and enjoy it like "Normal people"? That was usually my typical response... Of course I'm glad for the education now.

My family has lived in very "Treasure Rich" areas of the country, (The Mojave Desert, The Treasure Coast of Florida) however it was never encouraged to seek out the "treasures". The "Treasure", according to my Dad, was always the "Big Picture"...the formations of the Earth, The "Whys and Hows"....But now as I research my areas of interest, he and I have lots of fun talking about all my "Cool" Finds.

Anyway, I look forward to the many new friends here and am glad to be a part of the Treasurenet community...

Warm Regards, Colleen

1830 Family Farm...100 acres..Aerial Pics...http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=e3d8ab095c
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by MinerGirl; May 03, 2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Here's a recent Pic and Facebook Album...http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.147979601901386.27507.100000680405132&type=
    leprechaun and lisfisher like this.

Charter Member
    us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2172 times
    Very pretty mug. You have the look of a 40's movie star.
    I'm not much into geology but I like shale-like formations to look for fossils in. I don't do a lot of that either but it's as close to geology as I get.
    Welcome to mugs and happy hunting.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Charter Member
    us
    Dennis

Jan 2012
    Montana
    White's MXT
    2706 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Welcome to TNET!

us

Nov 2011
    meicigama
    51 times
    Thanks for the Welcome Packerbacker and Old Digger! I'm having fun on TNet and learning alot. I should make it clear that I'm Not a Geologist, just been around it so much that it makes it easier for me to try and figure out where some of my future finds might be. Much of my time was devoted to researching the numerous Glaciers to try and figure out how Diamonds and Gold would have been dragged down through the Midwest from Canada and at what Depths the Glacial Till is in various known Diamond Find sites...stuff like that.

That Black and White Photo here gives it a 40's look...I'm glad to say though, that its only 20+ years ago..Haha (Which is Way Back for me)... I have 3 Kids between 20 and 24yrs old...off in College and jobs of their own now. Boy, where does the time go? Their Dad passed away when they were all under 5 years old so having them all grown up and gone now is very strange for me. I'm glad to have this time to search for treasures as it gives me some exciting things to do...kinda fills a void right now and its always something I've wanted to do but never had the time or concentration. Well thanks for reading and the nice compliments! I'll post some of my finds when I can upload pics faster and I'm sure I'll ask a Ton of questions!...Colleen

us
    Mar 2012
    N. Middle Tennessee
    Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
    220 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Welcome to Treasure Net! That's a beautiful picture. Looking forward to seeing your finds.

us

Nov 2011
    meicigama
    51 times
    Hi Tngirl, Thanks and I hope to post some finds next week. Good call on the depression glass post. Looks like you know your antiques...

us
    Jul 2008
    SC
    Minelab Sov- AT PRO
    55 times
    Happy hunting Colleen!

us

Nov 2011
    meicigama
    51 times
    Hi S.C.Shooter, I'm planning to buy a decent MD soon...We have a 100 acre Family Farm here in S.E. MI, from 1830 that has never been detected. I don't think the old farmers ever really had much money but seems like they'd have lost a few old small coins at least...so thats on my list. Last week I did find an old small frying pan in the back creek! My Mom said that "Hobo's" may have camped here and a railroad does cut through our farm...so I'm lookin"...Colleen

us
    Mar 2012
    N. Middle Tennessee
    Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
    220 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by MinerGirl View Post
    Hi Tngirl, Thanks and I hope to post some finds next week. Good call on the depression glass post. Looks like you know your antiques...
    Thanks, I do love old stuff. But I really like the old flint glass (pre-civil war). Too bad it's hard to find! Look forward to seeing your posts.

us

Nov 2011
    meicigama
    51 times
    Here's a link to a recent photo and some cool pics of the 1830's Family Farm, etc...Oh, and the '64 T-Bird is sold...

Profile Pictures | Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=e3d8ab095c
    Last edited by MinerGirl; May 03, 2012 at 09:41 PM.

us
    May 2012
    New Hampshire
    Nice car, nice farm, and still beautiful

us

Nov 2011
    meicigama
    51 times
    Thanks for the nice compliment Insidesource! I still have a good forty acres to walk. Lots of poison ivy around the creek so I probably won't go down there for awhile. I left some good sized rocks down there that I couldn't pack out.

I've been closely searching Google Earth on every foot of the farm...looking for "donut rings" etc..they show up as old campsites mostly along the creek areas. Trying to concentrate my search areas. What I have found are some prominent white "rock'? Squares connected in rows of 4 and 5...strange alignments show up on Google. Checked other Farms too and there are some very good "Donuts" along the major river here. Thanks for looking...Colleen

us
    Dec 2011
    3 times
    Metal Detecting
    Welcome Colleen,

Great pic.......best of luck in your "treasure" hunting....look forward to seeing your finds.....
    The Only Consistency Is The Inconsistency

us
    lock on

Jul 2007
    The Motor City
    L-rod / Y-rod / pendulum / angle rods / wand (bobber) Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Discovery TF900 and Fisher Gemini III 2-box
    29 times
    Hello Neighbor!
    Welcome to tnet Colleen.
    Nice pictures and story. Hope to hear and see more from your adventures.
    Jon
    Last edited by teleprospector; May 11, 2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: cant spell
    "Let Thy Hand, Oh God, guide me through the ways Thou seest are needed for those that seek to know Thy way through any effort of mine."

us
    Dec 2007
    Philadelphia
    26 times
    Hi Colleen welcome to T Net. Enjoyed your pics.
    never admit to anything

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsors