Attachments

• 7-16-04 5.JPG
    7-16-04 5.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,620

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Nice brown! Gues is 14"-hope you're not a worm dunker when we're not looking or do you have a can of Green Giant Gold Niblets hidden? HAHA! Keep swingin' that rod or XLT. ;D

OP
OP
Jason in TN

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
We fish mostly flies and no bait. I also do 100 percent catch and release on the trout.
I will keep a few fish on the coast and somtimes fish bait there. Fishlips do you call the
fish you are holding a striper or a rock fish. They are called stripers inland in this area
but every one on the coast of NC calls them Rock fish.

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
XLT, beautiful fish, nothing better then catching trout. Just about all the trout on Long Island are stocked, I dont know that I could tell the difference from wild or not if I had one of both in each hand but catching either way is a blast. We get a few sea run which makes for a great catch. Great way to make a living.
kenb

OP
OP
Jason in TN

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Kenb the wild fish look much better there fins are clean (no cuts and not worn off like the hatchery fish) they also fight much harder and are more likely to eat flies. The stocked fish are also fun to catch though.

ghost surf

Dec 11, 2004
Hi I am married!! >>>>>SO WHAT!!!!!!! ;) Your both cute HMMM ...................HMMMM ;D !!!!
LOVE THE FISH!!! I eat alot of fish too!

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
hey swingin...what river are you on...I get down to the lower end of the Cumberland river some..just north of Tenn. Love those browns and bows... Generally fly fish out of my kayak.

OP
OP
Jason in TN

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Always that would be the beautiful Watauga River. If you are ever up this way it is better than the Cumberland you should give it a try. For trout fly fishing is the only way to go.

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
I agree it is. Will definitely try and get there... Maybe you can PM me on some info for the river...i.e lodging and launching stuff. Always like trying new places.

dave

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I ever wind up in your neck of the woods I will call you. Fishing and Detecting that is just about all one needs. Plus my lovely wife of course.

D

Darod

Sounds like you have a tough job there buddy :)

By the way, I thought you were the one in that fella's hands there, you know, the one all wet :) Just messin.

Nice to meet (see) ya,
Rod

OP
OP
Jason in TN

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Darod it is a tuff job but some one has to do it. I am in and around the river so much in the summer that I feel like I am the fish some times.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread