cherrypicked

cherrypicked

May 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TN Cherrypicker.

What kind of a detector do you have?
What kind of hunting do you do?
...and part of the country do you hail from?

*don't forget to post some of your finds, along with some great stories!

My detector was a Garrett but one of the less expensive ones. I started detecting a long time ago when I moved to VA and started collective civil war memorabilia. I thought it would be neat to find my own things rather than just buying online or at garage sales. Sadly, my detector is in storage under the care of my ex husband. I don't think I will be seeing it again.

Now I generally frequent yard sales, estate sales and thrift stores. I buy anything that I personally find interesting. A lot of it I end up selling but I have a great time looking for things and researching them is my favorite part. My best find was a medal given out to only 100 soldiers during the civil war. I took it to a museum to have it authenticated and sold it for about 4 grand.

I'm originally from NYC but I've lived all over the US. PA, OH, VA, NM, CA, MS, FL and currently IL.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
My detector was a Garrett but one of the less expensive ones. I started detecting a long time ago when I moved to VA and started collective civil war memorabilia. I thought it would be neat to find my own things rather than just buying online or at garage sales. Sadly, my detector is in storage under the care of my ex husband. I don't think I will be seeing it again.

Now I generally frequent yard sales, estate sales and thrift stores. I buy anything that I personally find interesting. A lot of it I end up selling but I have a great time looking for things and researching them is my favorite part. My best find was a medal given out to only 100 soldiers during the civil war. I took it to a museum to have it authenticated and sold it for about 4 grand.

I'm originally from NYC but I've lived all over the US. PA, OH, VA, NM, CA, MS, FL and currently IL.

Congrats on your find. Wow, 4 grand, I've not been that lucky. The history of the metal, very nice.

You will find a lot of great threads on TN with Garage Sale finds and the like.

Good luck with your hunts and again, welcome to TN!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice pic.

Last edited by a moderator:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The comment that James left was not appropriate to be on TNet, besides it broke rules. I could of just deleted the whole wording, but changed it instead.

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Women posting on here sure is a great way of exposing the guys who are still in Jr High School at least... If calling you a rude childish jerk is against the rules I apologise..

Do you not get the joke or are you having a bad day already brah?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(Lyle Chipperson voice) She should like change her name to (Removed by mod)

Sciflyer,

We are a family friendly forum, your comment violated our rules and was disrespectful as well. Do not do it again....

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

OP
OP
cherrypicked

cherrypicked

May 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do wonder why her eyes are so much smaller in her avatar than the posted pics
I'm squinting. I posted pics of me squinting and not squinting but I felt ridiculous so I took them down. :-P

Last edited:

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like it when the ladies change hair colors, all ways a nice change of pace, keep it up

OP
OP
cherrypicked

cherrypicked

May 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a ridiculous thread..you guys are being played..lol!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4

That's so silly. If I was going to fake a picture of myself I wouldn't use a picture of a normal looking person but just to make you feel better I took pics of me holding the things that I have posted about. This is my decanter label that I asked about the other day and the frame that I asked about tonight. Now before you say it looks NOTHING like my other pictures that's because I am completely makeup free, my hair is up and I'm wearing my glasses. I look scary, I apologize. The thought of putting on makeup after my workout and before bed just to post a picture in a forum full of people that I will never meet seems ridiculous. Although I guess posting pics to prove I'm a real person seems almost equally as ridiculous. I did tell my friend that you were questioning my pic and he told me to tell you that I'm also a gamer so that you can nickname me the unicorn. :)

Attachments

• me2.jpg
    me2.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 153
  • me1.jpg
    me1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 159
  • me3.jpg
    me3.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sciflyer,

We are a family friendly forum, your comment violated our rules and was disrespectful as well. Do not do it again....

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Wow. No expletives and I get a warning. I take it you have never heard of Opie and Anthony, or comedian Jim Norton.

OP
OP
cherrypicked

cherrypicked

May 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put your clothes on lady..what's this need for attention! !

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

I have my workout clothes on so if I can go to the gym in it then I can post a picture of myself in it. Notice that I have a sports bra and a shirt on, I didn't post a pic of myself at the beach in a bikini. I can't work out in a sweater but honestly I didn't even notice until after I posted. Don't really need any attention, if I did that's not the way I would choose to get it but it seems to me that you were the only one questioning my looks to begin with. You didn't ask me if I had a family or about my degrees; you questioned whether my picture was real so I proved to you that I am who I said I was. I uploaded straight from my phone so I can't really help that my cleavage is attached to my body, if it offends you then I sincerely apologize. If it violates any of the rules of the forum for some reason take them down because my point was already made.

OP
OP
cherrypicked

cherrypicked

May 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever point that is??

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

The point that I'm a real person just like you since you were so adamant that I was lying about who I am. The sad thing is that you're a female according to your profile and instead of being nice to me you decided to be kind of mean spirited from the start and I'm not sure why. I think as grown women we should really try to not judge other women, it comes across as catty and everything that we say we don't want to be labeled as. It would've been a lot nicer to have just said nice to meet you and left it alone even if you thought that my image was fake or just didn't like it. Anyway, again sorry if I offended you or did anything to upset you in any way. :)

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Post whatever you want, as long as it does not violate the rules of this site. We have a host of moderators to enforce written policy.

You do not need the approval of anyone (including me) for you to live your life as you see fit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread